Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (5th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We are looking to recruit an Estimator to join our supportive, forward thinking business based in Farnborough. You will be joining a team of highly skilled professionals who are passionate about their work and share in the continued success of the business. Candidates should ideally be able to deliver the right net cost, on time, to the highest quality and accuracy. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation that encourages people with a growth mindset to challenge the status quo and effect change.
The main role of an Estimator at Willmott Dixon is to manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
In doing so you will price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs. You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team and complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM 7 for agreed trades. You will be able to lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Successful delivery of tenders on a wide range of tenders
- Have experience of various construction methods
- Experience of controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications
- Good standard of mathematical ability
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc)
- Relevant degree
- Use Conquest Estimating System or similar
- Experience of taking off quantities up to SMM 7
- Working towards MCIOB/RICS
- You will be able to model behaviour that shows, respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Respond positively and with resilience with setbacks,
- State your position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- Identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them,
- Present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
- Take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- Find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.