Programme Controls Manager - Risk & Opportunities
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
Reporting direct to the Head of Performance Management Group, the Programme Controls Manager will be responsible for developing the risk and opportunity management capability within the ISA whilst delivering risk and opportunity management services to the delivery team. This will focus on the identification and mitigation of risks and the identification and realisation of opportunities to maximise the likelihood of meeting project goals, delivering programme requirements, and achieving ISA Portfolio contract objectives.
- Develop risk and opportunity registers – including title, cause, consequence, ownership, actions.
- Ensure that risks, issues, controls and benefits (opportunities) are monitored and reported through suitable processes.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative risk and opportunity analysis (as applicable) in support of ongoing management of the ISA contract and the delivery of programmes and projects.
- Develop and implement methodologies to enable scenario modelling for the ISA portfolio and integrate these into cost and schedule forecasting (for validated budget analysis).
- Support the development and mentoring of risk practitioner(s) in association with the central SL Risk function; including the provision of line management for Risk Practitioner(s) that may operate within the ISA from time to time.
- Support the development and mentoring of ISA’s ‘Business benefits analyst’; including the provision of line management.
- Establish the required governance process (including definition of the audit schedule and its implementation) for risk and opportunity management for all work within the portfolio and ensure reliance can be placed on the outcomes of the assurance processes.
- Manage the production, maintenance and monitoring of integrated scope, cost and schedule baselines & underpinning data with regards to allocated risk and estimating uncertainty.
- Ensure adherence to the Sellafield risk process, where appropriate, via direct liaison with the central risk management capability and challenge ‘constructively’ to seek advanced agreement on where revised / adapted processes and procedures will be implemented.
- Guide direct reports in the provision of functional support to the Project Managers regarding risk and opportunities in the development of budget and schedule forecasting.
- Lead, motivate and develop direct reports to deliver a professional, customer focused high performing service.
- Ensure the accuracy of risk and opportunity data communicated and reported to all stakeholders and highlight any current and potential issues.
Our work focuses on delivering non-nuclear infrastructure activities in a nuclear environment both for civil and military customers.
Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA)
The ISA is an integrated team which consists of three delivery partners; Sellafield Limited, Morgan Sindall and Arup. Working in joint venture with Arup, Morgan Sindall is responsible for a £1.1 billion long term contract to provide essential infrastructure assets to the Sellafield Ltd site.
We are recruiting talented, motivated and ambitious individuals to join our teams. We have a great opportunity for you to join our ISA team where you get the opportunity to work on specialist projects, grow your skills and progress in your career.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.