We have an opportunity for a confident and highly motivated Accounts Administrator to work on a part time basis for our Spadeoak division based in High Wycombe.
About the role
Within this role you will function across Accounts & Administration to ensure the efficient operation in the Spadeoak offices.
Other elements to the role include:
- Processing daily cash remittances (posting certificates on CPA accounting system / recording transactions on daily cash spreadsheets).
- Dealing with queries on customer payments (discount / retention calculations / final accounts - referring back to contract documentation).
- Maintaining and updating retention database (including ascertaining when first & second half retentions are due, referring back to contract documentation).
- Processing subcontractor invoices and orders / ensuring invoices are paid on time / opening new subcontractor account.
- Opening new contracts on CPA accounting system, ensuring contract & sales order information is accurate and complete.
- Assisting in operative’s sickness & absence administration to ensure correct recording & compliance.
What will you bring?
- Experience in accounts with strong numerical skills.
- An understanding of VAT, discounts, retentions and CIS would be desirable.
- Well trained in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other members of staff who may have less knowledge on subjects.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring.
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.