Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We have an opportunity for a Hardware Architect to join our Honeywell Building Technology HBT team in Leicester. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience developing wired and wireless audio-visual devices and communication systems. You will be part of a multi-discipline engineering team developing innovative products for building protection and control equipment.
Hardware Architect responsibilities
· Designing and implementing hardware architecture for embedded devices and systems
· Plan and execute project subtasks (designing, testing, etc)
· Assist in product and process certification for customer acceptance
· Guide engineers, technicians and associates to ensure project and product compliance
· Present to leadership and external customers
· Consult with vendors and suppliers to ensure product and project compliance
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
· Expensive experience developing wired and wireless devices for communication systems
· Extensive engineering experience successfully developing communication products through full development lifecycle
· Previous experience developing hardware architecture and embedded systems
· Deep understanding of a variety of hardware engineering standards and specifications
· Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced hardware engineering methods and tools
· A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity and innovation
· Market specific training and on-going personal development
· Opportunity to join a new team based in Leicester and make this department a success
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.