IT Operations Engineer - Microsoft - Flexible Working Available
Do you love working with Microsoft technologies? Can you find innovative solutions to complex IT challenges? Are you looking for an exciting role where you can work on over 100 different applications? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will be part of our Live IT Operations team, who make sure our IT systems are running smoothly across all applications. You will work on individual projects, whilst supporting colleagues on all third line issues. You will be a subject matter expert who is constantly looking for new ways to improve our IT maintenance and capabilities.
So what will you be doing…
• Monitoring and troubleshooting key banking applications
• Documenting procedures and keeping current ones up to date
• Supporting and maintaining the Banks systems
• Automating processes where possible to provide a more efficient way of working
• Providing third line IT support for colleagues across the Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Experience as an IT Operations Engineer at third line support, or a similar role
• You will have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft technologies such as: Windows Servers, Active Directory, O365, Azure and PowerShell
• To be successful in this role, troubleshooting applications will be second nature to you
• It’s really important you are able to manage Windows servers
• You will have an analytical approach to problem solving