Internal Auditor - Model Assurance (Flexible Working)
Do you give extra time and consideration to everything you do? Does achieving accuracy and clarity excite you? Are you committed to accomplishing excellence and working towards to the highest audit standards? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Internal Auditor, you will be part of the Internal Audit team for Model Assurance. This will allow the team to plan and execute IRB-relevant and meet expectations set out in article 191 of the capital requirements regulation, thereby supporting Metro Bank in the IRB application process to the PRA.
So what would you be doing?
• Supporting the Lead Model Assurance Auditor in discharging its responsibilities to the Director of Internal Audit and the Audit committee
• Contributing to the development of a multi-year risk-based audit plan that supports a program of audit work covering the key aspects of IRB
• Delivering high quality audits and maintain adequate standards of documentation supporting audit conclusions
• Developing high quality audit reports identifying gaps and areas of improvements
• Attending relevant committees and working groups and conducting continuous monitoring of IRB model changes and developments
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we wonder what might be the issue if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have experience in reviewing or auditing IRB/impairment credit risk models and rating systems
• In order to exceed in this role, you will have a quantitative background and knowledge of programming tools (SAS/SQL)
• You must have an understanding of model governance principles, regulations and industry practices
• It would be amazing if you had experience of credit risk data and reporting for IRB
• You will need a proven track record in building solid working relationships with a range of stakeholders