Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Project manager to deliver complex projects for a national charity.
Our client is the largest wildlife conservation organisation in Europe with over one million members. They speak out for birds and wildlife, tackling the problems that threaten our environment.
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Occasional visits will be needed to the head office in Sandy, Bedfordshire, however the location can be flexible as remote/homeworking is available.
Salary: £30,817 to £34,471 Per Annum Pro Rata
Hours: Full time
Duration: 7 Months fixed term contract
Benefits: Flexible working, 26 Days Annual Leave, Free access to our reserves, up to 20% discount off retail items in our shops. Free access to a confidential Employee Assistance programme that provides support and advice around financial, physical and mental health wellbeing. A substantial Learning and Development offer.
Closing date: 1 November 2020
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join this national charity and work across a number of high profile projects that involve significant transformation within the business and volunteering. It is a great opportunity to come on-board to help revolutionise volunteering and assist in the ongoing leadership of the Covid Response Programme.
As Senior Project Manager you will support the project executive in promoting the project and ensuring that it is helping to significantly progress one or more of the Saving Nature outcomes. Key responsibilities will include:
- Put in place the right governance structure to keep their projects on track
- Produce relevant project documentation (including highlight reports)
- Ensure stakeholders, including customers, are kept fully involved and informed
- Estimate and manage the project(s) duration determining when activities and events are planned to happen
- Identify, record, manage and communicate risks and issues, putting in place appropriate contingency actions
- Agree and implement a quality strategy
- Manage the project budget against forecast
- Direct and motivate the project team and act as a coach and mentor to other project managers internally
As Senior Project Manager you will have strong change management experience, some prior knowledge of IT project delivery and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, adept at managing senior stakeholders and juggling across more than one project.
Other key skills and experience include:
- Experience of managing risk; working to establish and clarify requirements and assessing impact both at a project and organisational level.
- Experience of working within project teams and with wider stakeholders to provide collaborative solutions.
- Stakeholder engagement experience, engaging and influencing across the workforce.
- Strong Communications skills, developing content from the project to update and inform.
Desirable skills include:
- Experience of managing change projects
- Experience of working within an agile or sprint environment and the benefits
If you feel you have the necessary skills to bring to this exciting role, then apply today!
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Project Management, Senior Project Manager, Change Management, Programme Manager, Agile/Sprint, Agile Delivery Manager, etc.