Retrain as a Software Developer
Location: London (remote)
Start Date: Jan 18th 2021
Opportunity: Supported hiring – 12-weeks training followed by an 18-month placement in industry
Salary: £30,000 upon completion of training
TechSwitch bootcamp provides returners with the change to move into the tech industry and retrain as software development. As well as coding, we will teach you all the day-to-day knowledge needed to become a software developer while providing you with support and mentoring throughout the programme.
Create products that change lives. Work with technologies at the forefront of innovation. Shape the very future of our planet. And enjoy a great work-life balance.
These are just some of the reasons we love working in the tech sector. And now you can too, even if you’ve never written a line of code.
Thanks to the TechSwitch programme, you can retrain as a software engineer on our 12-week bootcamp. Once you complete the course, we’ll help find you an 18-month industry placement – and pay successful placements £30,000 per year.
On a mission to diversify tech
We are passionate about closing the diversity gap within the tech sector and want to make sure that anyone who wants to become a software developer has the opportunity, regardless of their background. This is why we provide a course which requires no previous experience with software development and then get you your first step on the career ladder as a software developer, all the while supported by us.
- Training hours are 10am-4pm Monday to Friday, giving you time to do the school run and conduct independent studying when it works for you
- Top of the range laptops, monitors etc are provided for training
- One-to-one mentoring and support throughout the training and the 18-month placement
- Really lovely trainers who have gone through the training themselves and used it in their careers as software developers
Who it's for
TechSwitch is for people from any background who want to make the move into the tech sector.
For example, you might be…
- On a career break, and looking to return to work in a way that fits around your life
- Working in another sector and wanting a career change, perhaps for a better work-life balance or more challenging role
- Or both!
We understand that returning to work and career-switching can be daunting, which is why we are there to support you all the way with a dedicated mentor throughout your training and placement.
What you get from TechSwitch
- A 12-week bootcamp, to train you in the basics of software development and dive into programming languages that will help you hit the ground running on your placement. We also provide training in agile ways of working, DevOPs, software design, testing and relevant soft skills.
- A personal mentor: Changing careers is a big leap. To support you on this journey, we provide a mentor, who will keep in touch with you throughout bootcamp and your placement, giving career advice and taking care of your wellbeing.
- Help building your new career profile as a software developer. Our Senior Sales Manager will personally guide you through creating a new technical CV and bio and on top of that we provide interview training to give you all the confidence you need as you take this first step into your new career.
Once you complete your placement, the skills and experience you gain will put you in high demand in the job market. You may have the opportunity to continue your career at the organisation which provided your placement. Alternatively, you’ll be well set to secure one of the myriad tech sector jobs in London and beyond.
First, your paid placement gives you financial security and priceless industry experience.
Second, we have a strong focus on diversity and recruit people based on their potential rather than solely experience.
And third, you’ll be taught by a team of people who work at the cutting edge of the tech sector, day-in, day-out. We’ve built software to stream Glastonbury’s headliners. We’ve helped shape key UK government cloud computing roadmaps. We worked with DeepMind and Moorfields Eye Hospital to use artificial intelligence to diagnose sight-threatening eye diseases.
You’ll learn first-hand what it takes to build software that can change lives and improve the world we live in.
And you’ll be in good company. We’ve almost 20 years’ experience in training people to become outstanding software engineers. These individuals have gone on to work for organisations such as Google DeepMind, Anthony Nolan, Square Enix and END. Menswear
Interested? Fill in our application form here!
If you have any questions we’d love for you to get in touch! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org