Product Owner - Retail Credit Card - 12 Month FTC
Are you an experienced Retail Credit Card Product Owner? Can you effortlessly untangle complexity and present a clear vision to others? Do you love creating beautiful products that surprise and delight customers? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Product Owner for the Retail Credit Card, you will take ownership and be responsible for the propositional development and delivery of the new Metro Bank Business Credit Card which is part of the Bank’s commitments under the Banking Competition Remedies (BCR). You will work with the internal Metro Bank project team and external parties TSYS (processor) and MasterCard (scheme) to refine and deliver the proposition in line with the target delivery date, setting up the product to attract the target customer segment and position the Bank to achieve its growth ambitions via the product post launch.
So what would you be doing?...
• Owning and being accountable for the E2E product delivery and management of the new Business Cards product
• Establishing a vision and strategic direction for the product and a roadmap for delivery
• Working closely with our Commercial Distribution teams, to make sure the propositions you develop will meet customers’ needs
• Leading the propositional element within the Project team to deliver a card product which will achieve new sales, balance growth and revenue in line with the Bank’s wider strategic objectives
• Making sure that the Project Delivery team is held to account on scope, budget and timelines
• Leading on key business card initiatives - from tactical fixes and incremental improvements to changes requiring cross-functional teams and coordination
• Being seen as the business card subject matter expert (SME), supporting all functions as needed
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have previous retail credit card product management delivery experience
• You will have experience owning and delivering product initiatives from start to finish
• We need you to have strong understanding of propositional development process, product innovation and business case development
• We would love if you had experience in customer journey mapping and analysis, and the ability to draw insight and action from customer feedback
• It would be great if you have an understanding of credit card regulation and the regulatory environment
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have good knowledge of core IT concepts and building / iterating products in a digital environment
• You will have commercial and financial modelling experience (costs and income budgeting, forecasting and reporting)
• Negotiation skills and deal-making experience with small and large third parties would be beneficial