Senior Quality Engineer
Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Would you like to be part of working on a hugely important and complex project that will support Sellafield’s 100 year decommissioning mission?
About the Project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has been awarded the civils and construction management contract on the 20-year Programme and Project Partnership framework with Sellafield Ltd.
At the core of the partnership is collaborative working, with the framework being delivered in conjunction with four other organisations.
The overriding aim of the Programme and Project Partnership is to bring together individuals with the right values and behaviours to deliver world class projects on the Sellafield site.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will make sure that work is carried out to the customer’s standards, specification and schedule and that the correct materials and workmanship are used; ensuring the customer is given quality work and value for money.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise ensuring the continuous improvement of business unit performance in line with external standards, the integrated management system (IMS)
- Experience of Major Civil, Steelwork, Mechanical and Electrical activities – desirable
- Ability to generate Quality Plans
- Ability to generate Inspection and Test Plans in line with the specified requirements
- Experience of generating and delivering Life Time Quality Records (LTQR)
- Ability to generate Inspection forms to support work activities
- Ability to carry out site inspections line with Inspection and Test Plan requirements
- Ability to offer guidance in relation to contract specifications
- Understands the quality grading systems e.g.; Level 1 to Unclassified
- Awareness of Welding and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) techniques – desirable
- Has experience of generating defect/non-conformance reports
- Experience of root causing issues
- Experience of conducting audits of suppliers – Lead Auditor qualified – desirable
- Good communicator both internally and with the supply chain
- Competent in Microsoft packages Word, Excel etc.
Already experienced as a senior quality engineer, you will be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject matter and you will have a thorough knowledge of BS18001/ISO14001/ISO9001 management systems and their implementation.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.