Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
We are currently recruiting for an additional SQL Database Administrator, a key role sitting within our IT Department based at our Letchworth head office.
- Monitoring and resolving issues in production environment
- Monitor SQL Server health and performance
- Managing the security and roles across the SQL estate
- Assisting Developers and BIAs in their roles and software lifecycle
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability and security
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Develop and enforce database standards, controls and procedures.
- Develop standards, policies and strategies related to SQL base systems performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues
- Automating process using Microsoft based scripting languages such as PowerShell
- Evaluate, recommend and install new or upgrade database software and hardware based on best practices
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Skills / qualifications:
- At least 2 years' experience as a SQL Server DBA,
- Azure SQL Platform
- MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration/ SQL Server 2012/2014
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016
- ITIL Foundation
- Knowledge of performance tuning and optimisation.
- Experience with Always on High Availability and Clustering
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS
- Knowledge of T-SQL is required, including writing and designing procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers & constraints.
Willmott Dixon offer over 100 top-class learning programmes designed to provide individuals with the opportunity for personal growth. In particular the Willmott Dixon Management and Leadership Programmes are designed to provide development for our next generation of leaders. They are designed to support all individuals whether they are joining us mid-career or as graduates, trainees or apprentices. We offer personal Pluralsight accounts to train on latest technologies. We also offer different Microsoft and BCS certifications as part of a personal development plan.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 5thplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community and have recently achieved the Platinum Investors in People accreditation.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.