Intermediary Distribution Manager
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
With over five million customers, and having celebrated our 200th anniversary in 2015, Scottish Widows is one of the UK's most trusted Life, Pensions and Investments providers.
At Scottish Widows we want to attract the best talent, allowing us to grow and continue to succeed in providing the best solutions and services for our clients and customers. As a result of our growth ambition an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Scottish Widows Distribution team which is part of the Insurance and Wealth Division of Lloyds Banking Group.
This modern and flexible role plays an integral part in the Division's intermediary relationship strategy of 'taking on your client's future together'.
This is an exciting time to be joining an organisation that is transforming ways of working to create a modern environment that supports the growth and development of our colleagues and a culture of flexibility, autonomy and personal responsibility.
What will you be doing?
The Intermediary Distribution Manager will be key in achieving our strategic objectives, up-skilling your team and maintaining a highly motivated group during periods of change.
You'll be leading a team of Business Development Managers and will manage the overall business strategy for your region, to achieve sales, income and overall business targets for all Regional Business Units within your geographical area for multiple products.
Your main responsibility is to achieve and exceed your regional target for all products and you'll work alongside the Telephony Team Manager and the underlying relationship support in your area to ensure the smooth running of all units in your region. Additionally, you'll ensure business plans are in place and collaborative working is a priority to deliver customer excellence on a consistent basis.
Additional accountabilities will include:
- Sharing business critical information with all Sales Management colleagues to ensure each team and its members is able to formulate and implement an effective business plan
- Communicating the Scottish Widows propositions and positioning in market place.
- Monitoring and managing performance of the Business Development Managers against business plans to ensure they meet or exceed agreed targets for their designated accounts, taking corrective action where necessary to ensure account risks are actively measured and managed.
- Ensuring reporting staff are appropriately trained, deployed, counselled and motivated so that their individual and collective performance meets the current and future needs of the business.
- Contributing to formulation of Individual Regional & Divisional strategies.
- Supporting and delivering training where required, especially where colleagues are learning a new proposition.
- Leading by example by supporting and developing colleagues in the Regional Business Units
- Ensuring all requirements for Balanced Scorecards including bespoke Learning & Development plans are in place for each member of your team
- ·Delivering effective regular coaching to individuals within your team to ensure they realise their full potential. Utilise the skills and knowledge of the Specialists
- Monitoring and controlling all relevant operational costs and budgets in accordance with SW and Group policy
- Applying appropriate sales methods drawing on Specialist, BDM, IWCD and Relationship Support to achieve Distribution targets.
- Complying with specified risk and compliance procedures and practices ensuring that you are operating within Lloyds Banking Group policies at all times.
What's in it for you?
We're passionate about development with a culture built around advancing the best of our people. We're genuine about equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve.
We're also an early adopter of agile working and open to considering all aspects of this to suit individual and business requirements on a flexible basis.
Additionally you'd get a benefits package that includes;
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values led culture that is passionate about making a difference. Whatever your aspiration you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that is enriching and full of opportunity.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.