Senior Penetration Tester - Isleworth
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our security team is growing, this is the chance to join a group of hardworking people working on exciting new products and technologies. We love having fun while at work, so put your fun shoes on, get your pen-testing tools ready, and we will help you with the rest” – Head of Security Testing.
This role requires a flexible approach to reflect constantly evolving business needs whilst developing and applying pragmatic project management practices across a portfolio of related projects. Key to success will be effective working with partners through timely and relevant communications, while providing strong levels of support to project and portfolio deliveries across cross–functional delivery teams.
What you’ll do:
- Strong focus on application penetration tests including VR, web, mobile, and desktop applications across different Sky products and services
- Penetration testing on IoT devices and wireless devices
- Hands on security technical security evaluations
- Support Sky’s Payment Card Industry/Data Security Standard (PCI/DSS) by assessing security risks
What you’ll bring:
- Shown ability in common types of penetration testing such as web/application and infrastructure testing, wireless network testing, VoIP, firewall rule set review (At least 3-4 years’ experience).
- Strong understanding of open source, freeware, and commercial vulnerability assessment tools
- Experience with penetration testing frameworks
- Ability to do manual penetration testing/validation and not rely on automated scanner
Strategy & Security: We play an important role in creating a cohesive tech strategy across all of our teams – uniting our tech teams to work towards clear and common goals. Behind the scenes, we’re protecting our business and our customers from cyber threats. Join a team that’s kickstarting and leading mission-critical work across Sky.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work: Osterley:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.