Product Risk Manager - Flexible Working Available
Are you a go to risk expert for your colleagues? Would you like to help shape a growing specialist risk function? Do you want to join a revolutionary Bank and manage risk associated with innovative and exciting digital capabilities? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Risk Manager within Customer Strategy and Innovation (CSI) you will provide first line risk support to multiple business areas, including: Products, Marketing, Communication, Data and Digital. At Metro Bank, we put our customers at the heart of everything that we do. You will be instrumental in providing this unparalleled customer service by helping us to develop simple products, services and processes with your fantastic risk management experience.
So what would you be doing?...
• Working with stakeholders across CSI, and across the Bank, to embed product governance processes and controls
• Working with the CSI leadership team to maintain the CSI risk profile, test key controls, track and monitor management action plans
• Working closely with wider teams to make sure there is alignment with our enterprise wide risk strategy
• Having oversight of business area incidents and making sure that details are captured appropriately and timely according to the incident management framework
• Completing root cause analysis
• Providing reporting on CSI risk management and having oversight of KRI reporting, tolerances and action plans
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have extensive experience of risk management – either gained in a Risk function or working for one of the regulators
• You need to have a good knowledge and understanding of regulations, ideally including the FCA Handbook, CONC (and related Consumer Credit legislation), BCOBS, MCOBs, as well as knowledge of Payment Services Regulations and GDPR
• It would be great if you are familiar with risk management objectives and processes
• In order to be amazing in this role, you need to have experience developing and overseeing conduct risk, such as in instilling product governance controls
• You will be a good communicator and be able to outline simple and pragmatic solutions
• Ideally, you will have an understanding of the purpose of Conduct MI and risk reporting