Lead UI Designer - Flexible Location - Flexible Working Available
Are you passionate about UI design and creating an amazing digital experience for customers? Do you have excellent UI design skills? Can you lead, guide and inspire others? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Mobile UI Designer, you will work with our mobile app product and tech teams to design and deliver outstanding feature improvements that service our digital customers. You will champion the creation of consistent and coherent digital experiences, playing a key part in evangelising design thinking across Metro Bank.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading the UI design vision for the mobile app.
• Working closely with the Lead Mobile UX Designer and our mobile product proposition owners to help plan and shape the product roadmap
• Providing design direction and support for UI Designers through mentoring and educating, as well as championing design to our immediate stakeholders and those across the wider company
• Designing and building clickable prototypes for usability and accessibility, testing new concept features, products and new components
• Liaising with Developers and Testers to make sure designs are built and delivered in line with our design team standards
• Providing development teams with support and guidance to help follow our design standards and our UX and UI best practices
• Assisting in the development of our global design system, styleguide and other design assets
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will need extensive experience in mobile app design backed up by a strong portfolio
• Although this position does not require line management, it would be beneficial to have experience leading a team of designers
• Must be a team player, willing to work closely with others, help others to grow by sharing your expertise and knowledge
• We need you to have a good understanding of Agile methodologies
• You must have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to clearly understand their requirements
• It would be great if you had experience with Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision and HTML/CSS