User Interface Designer
Are you a revolutionary User Interface Designer who loves to create amazing customer experiences? Are you obsessed with how users interact with a product? Would you like to be at the forefront of digital banking? If yes, then we may have a role for you!
As a User Interface Designer, you will design amazing user interfaces that are simple and easy to use, delivering the best in class digital experience to our fans. You will be working in an agile team consisting of UX Designers, Developers, QA Testers, product, and propositions.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting proposition owners by producing detailed visual designs for new product features
• Designing and building clickable prototype designs for user testing of new concept features and products
• Producing hi-fidelity designs that follow wireframes produced by UX designers
• Liaising with developers and QA testers to ensure designs are built and delivered to design specifications
• Providing development teams with support and guidance to help follow our design standards and our UX best practices
• Finding solutions to design problems and extend our UI tool kits and templates when required
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will have a breadth of design knowledge and experience working as a UI Designer and an excellent portfolio to back it up
• To be amazing in this role, you need to have experience in designing for web and native apps (iOS and Android) using Sketch / Craft and Adobe Creative Suite
• Working with style guidelines and cross-platform living UI templates and frameworks will be familiar to you
• To enjoy this role, you’ve got to be comfortable designing for web standards and browser/device capabilities or limitations
• A good understanding and experience using Jira and Confluence will be beneficial