Information Security Assurance Specialist - Flexible Working Available
Do you love leading colleagues on best practice for information security assurance? Can you educate colleagues on industry renowned security frameworks? Are you able to transform teams to work in a well-controlled environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Here at Metro Bank, we take the security of our information assets and the data of our customers extremely seriously. With a significant Information Security improvement programme underway, we are now looking to grow our Information Security Assurance team to help provide clear guidance and controls for our colleagues so they can continue to do their roles efficiently and create fans. As an Information Security Assurance Specialist, you will provide information security assurance services, and control testing across the business to make sure it’s in accordance with regulatory requirements, the Bank’s strategy and risk management framework.
So what would you be doing?
• Conducting information security testing activities; including scoping, facilitation of testing, and reporting of findings
• Providing guidance on information security best practice and making sure that systems across the bank comply with our policies, standards and regulatory requirements
• Supporting the CISO Management Team on their day to day activities relating to information and cyber security
• Collating and assessing evidence of control effectiveness across Metro Bank, and recommending control improvements
• Translating your findings into more simple terms for non-technical colleagues
• Working closely with the Second Line of Defence team and the internal audit team to enhance the provision of information security related assurances across Metro Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally you will have experience working as an information security assurance specialist, or auditor
• The role requires you to have knowledge of best practice frameworks and guidance such as ISO27001/2/5, NIST or PCI DSS
• You need to be confident in constructively challenging colleagues in order to obtain robust assurance on information security controls across the Bank
• In order to really excel and be amazing in this role you need to understand security control testing activities and know what a good control looks like
• We would get really excited if you could demonstrate your technical knowledge on the security assurance requirements for applications, databases, networks and cloud