Finance Analyst - Flexible Working Available
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic finance team as a Finance Analyst, supporting an online and retail operation with over 500 stores. Perhaps you are a fairly recent graduate and want to develop your career within a Finance Analyst role with a FTSE 100 company, then this is the ideal role for you! As part of the Warehouse Finance Team you will play a key role in the support of the Logistics operation with 9 warehouses, 7 RSC’s, international hubs and overseas franchise partners.
Summary of Role
As a Warehouse Stock Analyst your key area of responsibility will be to ensure accurate reporting and analysis of information relating to the Retail & Online stock file - across all UK warehouses, RSC’s and International Hubs.
- Produce returns Intransit reporting for all key stakeholders. Investigate and report any anomalies
- Assist in claims reporting analysis & investigation.
- Provide stockfile management information to key stakeholders, to include, but not limited to:
- Assisting with the creation of a series of SQL reports for the Stock Operations team
- End of season reporting stock balances to go into sale
- Production of weekly, monthly & seasonal stats
- Highlight and investigate any areas of concern, liaising with warehousing teams, IT and/or other finance teams as appropriate.
- Assist the Stock Finance team with investigations into stock movements and shrinkage
- Undertake some financial accounting to ensure that the stockfile is accurate and the financial ledgers are up to date.
- Reconcile stock movements and accounting entries
- Prepare and analyse Balance Sheet reconciliations giving justifications for all exceptional items or unusual balances to ensure the minimum number of reconciliation points.
- Communicate with people from all areas of the business and at all levels as and when required.
- Respond to requests for adhoc reports within the deadlines expressed.
- Excellent IT knowledge including Microsoft Excel & SQL
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA) – desirable but not essential
- Ability to analyse and interpret large volumes of information
- Excellent attention to detail with an analytical approach to solving problems
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Enthusiastic and driven with a real passion for developing yourself
- Be able to adapt and keep pace with a fast moving environment
- Commercial awareness and understanding of core business processes
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!