Quality Management System Manager - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Quality Management System Manager within the Smart Motorway Alliance.
Reporting to the bmJV Head of Production you will be accountable for the implementation of Quality Management System across all our SMP Alliance portfolio. You will build and lead our Quality Management team within our schemes ensuring that we ensure RFT culture through project definition, delivery and handover.
You will work with the wider Alliance partners to develop and adopt our Integrated Management System building on the mission and vision of the Alliance and in support of our shared commitments to deliver an enterprise model.
With a high profile across our portfolio and within the Alliance you will drive a culture which supports a drive for eliminating non-conformance.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive Knowledge of, and to be competent in ISO 9001 quality management systems (and PD ISO-TS 22163 for rail) to create and maintain the integrated management system for process efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience of how end to end Project Information Management and QMS are intrinsically linked
- An ability to work with Alliance colleagues to create, manage and maintain the Integrated Management System
- Manage the bmJV strategic Quality Management approach and report on quality performance
- An ability to build cross functional relationships to support the quality agenda
- A good understanding of where good process adds value and a sharp eye on eliminating process and procedural waste
- Excellent communication skills so as to influence and engage with our team the wider Alliance and our Highways England colleagues
- An ability to coordinate a training programme across our bmJV team to support the quality agenda
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.