Digital Collaboration & Knowledge Lead (Highways England) - Flexible Working Available
Highways England are inviting a secondment from the partners of the Motorway Alliance for the position of Information Security Lead.
Reporting to the Head of Digital and Information Management, you will lead the adoption of whole Alliance digital ways of working which will enable efficient and effective collaboration across Alliance Members and supply chain. You’ll develop and maintain a framework for digital and information management competency and act as advocate and change agent to nurture digital ways of working across teams.
An immediate priority will be to support the effective implementation of Microsoft 365 and MS Teams. Working collaboratively with the Systems and Integration team, as well as the People, Communications, and Transformation teams you’ll develop a user-centric plan for adoption. Success will be defined in terms of the introduction and adoption of ways of working which facilitate better collaboration and knowledge sharing within the Alliance.
You’ll develop and maintain the digital and information management competency and maturity component of the digital and information management roadmap. Competency and maturity assessment will enable the Alliance to measure and improve, and you will take ownership of the Project 13 digital maturity assessment framework and will ensure that digital and information management competency assessment is effectively implemented within our supply chain. As an advocate and change agent you’ll facilitate Alliance alignment with the CDBB Gemini Principles which form a core component of the Alliance Digital strategy
As new digital and information management technologies and ways of working are developed and adopted by the Alliance this role will provide an exciting opportunity to build engagement, understanding and energy which will unlock the full opportunity for digital and information management for the SMP Alliance.
We inspire each other every day to be ever more innovative and successful in delivery. We’re always looking to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join a ground-breaking team that will lead in developing new ways of delivering motorway construction projects across the strategic road network.
• Develop and maintain the framework and methodologies for the assessment of Alliance and supply chain digital and information management competency assessment
• Work with Supply Chain and Production teams to ensure that digital and information management competency assessment and development is effectively embedded in procurement and supply chain engagement / management
• Develop and maintain the digital and information management competency and maturity component of the Digital and Information Management roadmap
• Provide technical and competency requirements leadership and guidance for digital collaboration and knowledge sprint teams established by the Digital Implementation Lead.
• Manage and report progress and benefits realisation of digital workstreams
• Support a culture of openness and learning within the digital team and across the wider SMP Alliance, supporting the identification and sharing of lessons (both successes and failures), and the collaborative and creative resolution of challenges.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of digital content within the Alliance IMS to support the embedding of defined digital ways of working across Alliance delivery
• Work with People, Comms, and Production teams to build engagement and consistent adoption of digital ways of working which are defined in the IMS
• Work with the supply chain team to embed digital requirements which are defined in the IMS and Alliance Ways of Working into supply chain procurement and management systems and processes
• Develop and maintain relationships with key digital stakeholders across Alliance member organisations and supply chain.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience in successful user-centric implementation of Microsoft 365 or other similar digital collaboration tools and building engagement and understanding across diverse teams for the adoption and effective use of digital technologies for collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Understanding of the principles and practices of knowledge management and collaboration
• Experience of working across diverse supply chains within the construction or another relevant sector
• Understanding of digital and information management requirements and practices in the context of infrastructure projects at a relevant scale and complexity for the SMP Alliance
• Ability to build alignment and buy-in across construction design and/or delivery teams for digital ways of working
• A strong task and delivery focus and ability to win the buy-in and support of a broad range of stakeholders
• Strong relationship and stakeholder skills, and ability to use these skills to co-ordinate and drive delivery of digital and information management programme of work So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation. #SMPAcareers
The SMP Alliance consists of Highways England and 7 partners including; • Fluor (production management) • Jacobs and WSP (digital enabled design) and • Balfour Beatty, Costain and BAM Nuttall/Morgan Sindall joint venture (onsite Assembly Partners) Our goal is to unite diverse teams, unleash fresh thinking and transform delivery. We believe that collaboration is key to creating one team.
Collectively, the Alliance will design and construct the smart motorways programme over a 10 year period covering the Government’s Road Investment Strategy 2 and 3. The Alliance is transforming the way we deliver schemes by applying a programmatic approach, utilising digital rehearsals and embedding methods of construction such as off-site manufacture. There will be a greater emphasis on digital technology, increased efficiency and standardisation. The Alliance will drive value throughout the project lifecycle and promote a better way of working by integrating a diverse supplier network to form a wider enterprise to improve safety, create a better customer experience and deliver greater efficiency. Inclusion and Diversity is our future. Be part of it
Our collaborative culture is underpinned by our agreed behaviours - decision making, accountability, communication and engagement, innovation and improvement, constructive challenge and trust and respect.
Inclusion and diversity are core attributes to our identity. Employees feel engaged, connected, valued and respected for who they are. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives. We positively encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse groups. We are committed to not only enhancing diversity of skills but also to addressing gender imbalance. This diversity is key to bringing different insights, creating challenge, and encouraging innovation and transformation within the construction sector.
Building better, together