Digital Web Designer - Flexible Working Available
So the design industry is super competitive at the moment, all the top agencies are hiring as more and more companies are seeing the importance of digital in the hopefully soon post Covid era.
So we thought we start our job application a little differently and explaining why our staff love working here:
- Fully flexible working - Remote or in office, you choose and can change daily if you wish.
- Flexible start times, you like a sleep in? No problem as long as you do your hours.
- We’re all about personal development and all our staff have a yearly budget to spend on improving themselves.
- Career driven? We’ll work with you to make a POA of how we can drive you forward over the coming years.
- Free snacks and drinks - fill your boots!
- Free breakfast and lunch once a week - In office only but its a nice way to bond with the team.
- Free Headspace app - to keep your mental health in peak mode.
- Free eye tests, got to keep those eyes in good condition.
- Weekly remote stretch sessions - to keep out backs in good stead.
- Regular socials.
- Monthly bonus scheme to show our appreciation.
Not to mention our family friendly policies which include:-
- Full pay for the 1st 8 weeks of maternity followed by 31 weeks of statutory (Standard is 90% for 6 weeks followed by statutory.)
- 4 weeks of paid Paternity leave (Standard is 2) We’re also trying to take the stress out of some other important family moments with:
- Paid time off for IVF appointments (For both parents)
- Paid time off for adoption appointments (For both parents)
- Paid time off for scan appoints (For both parents)
- 1 weeks paid leave for miscarriage (For both parents)
- Sick pay for needing time off to look after sick children
Oh and let's get the main question out of way, wage/salary! It will be up to 35K based on experience.
So who are Strafe Creative?
Strafe Creative is digital design agency based in Nottingham and London. (Though happy to hire a someone fully remote) We're a purpose lead agency and spend our time designing and building for clients we love working with. We focus heavily on a strategic, objective-based approach, ensuring progress is made fast whilst not losing focus on key goals.
Our studio environment is relaxed but we are serious about results for our clients. We’re a fun, passionate bunch of people and we’d love someone like minded to join us!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Digital/Web Designer to work alongside the team of project managers, other designers and developers who will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects for startups, brands and organisations.
We'd hope you have the following skills:
- Knows and loves working with Sketch
- Has a genuine passion for solving problems and improving user experiences
- A good understanding how websites work and design in a functional manner for development
- Generating ideas and interesting creative work with strong conceptual and strategic foundations, taking projects from initial ideation to completion
- Able to present and pitch ideas to clients
- A keen eye for typography and attention for detail
- Efficient with time and able to hit key milestones
- A great collaborator and communicator with team members and clients
- Comfortable working as a team and confident to conduct interviews, workshops and interactions with clients.
1. It all starts with your portfolio, if your portfolio is strong enough you'll move onto the next step
2. Phone interview with the Head of Ops, to discuss what your after and check we're a good fit overall
3. Zoom style call with directors, get to meet you, talk about your aims and what you want to get from working at Strafe
4. We choose who we hire!
Tip for your portfolio:
We're after web or digital platform work only, if you only have branding or print, we're likely not the right agency for you.
Wage / Salary
- Will be based on experience but will be up to 35k