Amey Consulting Scotland have design hubs in both Glasgow and Edinburgh, providing a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to construction. We deliver projects throughout Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, construction and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes. Some projects current to our Scotland teams are the development of the A96 Dualling East of Huntly to Aberdeen, Design of the A90/A938 Laurencekirk Junction, the Scottish Trunk Roads Network Management Contract (STRNMC) and a wide range of roads and bridges design schemes on behalf of local authorities throughout Scotland.
Our multidisciplinary teams encompass all aspects of investigation, design and construction of roads, bridges and civil structures, geotechnical engineering, ITS and lighting, rail, environmental consultancy, utilities, BIM and transport planning schemes. We pride ourselves in working collaboratively within the team, stakeholders and our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will support our continued growth and increasing workload through the production of civil designs, and provide a unique chance to join a highly skilled design team
As a Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting, you'll see your work from early design to the end result, and every project will be different from the last. You'll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You'll have the opportunity to thrive and we'll help you shape your career whether through further qualification, learning new skills or whatever else you need to achieve your ambitions.
In a typical week you will:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet client specification with relevant standards.
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.
- Prepare and check design approach, calculations drawing and documents.
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports ensuring compliance with Amey procedures.
- Engage in client and third-party liaison.
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and apply this within a team environment.
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and check the work of others
- Assist with the supervision, mentoring and development of team members from Graduate engineering and Tecnicians through to Assistant Engineers.
- Assist with contract preparation toether with project planning and programming.
- Compliane with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, particularly CDM regulations.
We want to hear from you if:
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineering status (IEng through ICE, CIHT, IHE or IStructE) or approaching CEng status.
- Experience of delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads.
- Working knowledge of the DMRB and local authority design guidelines.
- Experience in AutoCAD, Bently MX, Civils 3D.
- Working knowledge of Cycle by Design, Roads for all and Sustrans Design documents.
- Experience in roads, structures, geotechnics or traffic and transportation.
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including.
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and other flexible benefits.
Why join Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves