Director, Enterprise Analytics
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps and discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; and digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media.
Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.
The Director, Enterprise Analytics is responsible for leading data visualization and self-service analytics solutions. This position will support and partner with business end-users across the company as well as colleagues in the Data & Strategic Insights Team to deliver business value using data visualization and analytics tools and methods. This position will manage a team of data visualization developers and analysts responsible for both back-end and front-end development.
• Lead a team of data visualization and analytics professionals to deliver valuable data and insights
• Oversee the design and delivery of effective data visualizations to support business decision making and problem solving
• Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
• Follow data management best practices and support a central source of truth that that drives multi-platform business optimization as well as accountability across the organization
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
• Strong professional experience in analytics
• Strong professional experience managing teams
• Familiarity with direct-to-consumer media industry topics and trends including customer acquisition, digital analytics, product performance metrics, content, marketing, and advertising
• Knowledge of relational database technology with intermediate to advanced SQL skills
• Experienced with data visualization and BI/analytics solution assessment, development and delivery
• Effective at team leadership and project management
• Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Power BI
• Familiarity with data management principles including data integrity, data quality/hygiene, data governance, and ETL
• Self-starter, highly motivated, strong delegator, positive demeanor, polished communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.