Finance Manager (Part Time and Flexible)
Sycous provide metering and billing services to energy networks across the UK. Our team are responsible for delivering customer support, engineering services, product supply and software development for the operators of heat networks.
As a growing business, we recognise the need to bring additional expertise into our team from a financial management perspective, especially as we look to invest in new ideas and solutions.
This presents a unique opportunity to make a valued and significant contribution to the company and team, providing a real sense of progress, value, and achievement.
This role will be focussed on enabling, understanding and delivering wider business objectives, working across business areas. You will take ownership of reporting, forecasting, analysis and financial controls.
The role will be part-time and is offered on a flexible basis, including hours and working location.
- Support in generation of monthly and quarterly business reporting packs
- Producing commentary and analytics to complement reporting
- Support in preparation of budgets and forecasts, including scenario planning
- Reconciliation of client fund accounts in line with company policies and regulatory requirements
- Project analysis, including financial modelling and analysis
- Work as part of the management team to develop and support the long-term strategies
- Support with investor queries and reporting functions
- Process development and review, across business financial functions and where client funds are managed
- Banking and payroll management
- Undertaking day-to-day financial functions, such as VAT returns
- Guiding other team members in their activities, such as purchase ledger
- Providing advice to other teams with financial exposure, such as software development and client support teams.
- ACCA / CIMA qualified, willing to consider part qualified
- Advanced MS Excel
- Problem solving and initiative
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence stakeholders at various levels
- Strategic thinker, willing to be decisive
- Team player
- Knowledge of payroll systems
- Experience in management accounts
£40,000 per annum, pro-rata for part-time. Expected 22.5 hours per week but flexible to other ideas.
We believe in a sustainable future with transparent and accessible data at the heart of it.
We champion both innovation and education, to help drive positive change in the world of metering and billing and help keep costs as low as possible for consumers.
We live in the world of heat networks, where heat is centrally generated and distributed within a building or across a city, providing a more sustainable energy future.
People are at the heart of what we do. We value the contribution of every team member, encouraging and supporting their professional and personal development.
Alongside standard benefits, including 33 days holiday per year and company pensions, we provide private healthcare benefits, clear career paths and additional training opportunities to develop your future.
For further information on Sycous and our solutions, please visit sycous.com.
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week