Housing Support Worker
Housing Support Worker
We are looking for a Housing Support Worker to work with a Homeless Prevention Service supporting a variety of Nottingham citizens who may be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Position: Support Worker
Salary: £13,939.45 - £19,568 per annum (£8.91 - £10.14 per hour)
Hours: 30 per week (part time) and bank hours available
Closing Date: Sunday 15 August 2021
Interview Date: 2nd and 3rd August 2021
About the role of Support Worker:
You will be working for one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. They manage over 9,500 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants and provide over 1,500 spaces for people with support/care needs.
As a Support Worker with their Homeless Prevention Service you will support people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. All referrals come through Housing Aid and you’ll work closely with a number of different organisations to help people maintain their tenancy or to seek more permanent accommodation.
This could mean working with Social Care, Probation, other Housing providers, and Private Landlords, Nottingham Priority Family's Team, Leaving Care Team and many other local organisations. You could be supporting a single person, families or older people and people who have experienced Domestic Abuse and Mental Health.
Your role will be to help remove barriers and to support people to consider what options are available to them according to their individual situation. This is a City based service and support is provided out in the community. It is a short term service and people are supported for approximately 4 -6 months.
As a Housing Support Worker You will be resilient, organised and motivated to help others whose own motivation may be suffering. You won’t be afraid to confidently challenge some organisations when necessary and work collaboratively within a large team.
The work can sometimes be fast-paced and you’ll need to respond calmly and confidently to crisis situations when they arise.
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Homeless Recovery Worker, Peer Support, Resettlement Worker, Homelessness, Homeless Project Manager, Homeless Caseworker, Project Coordinator Homelessness, Resettlement Caseworker, Housing Support etc.
In exchange for the above you will receive a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Free paid training
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available
- Opportunities to join several networking and support groups e.g. LGBT Ally, BAME Network, become a diverse champion etc.
- Automatic pay increments every April following successful completion of probationary period
- Opportunities to attend colleague social events.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from black and minority ethnic (BME) groups and disabled candidates.