Programme Support Coordinator
We are looking for a Programme Support Coordinator to join our team here at Amey. Reporting into the Programme Manager you will support them by developing, implementing and monitoring the project program. Working on our Defence Housing contract you will need to be organised, have excellent time management and have strong administrative skills.
This is a full time fixed term contract for 12 months. This role will be mostly based from home with occasional travel to our sites in central & north of England.
What does this role involve?
- Assist in the development of short and long term plans for programme, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Assist in the development and setting of performance measures/objectives and implement and monitor to meet the desired outcomes.
- Organise regular meetings and foster positive relationships with various workstreams.
- Record, distribute and follow up on actions from meeting.
- Control and amend the Project Status Report and other Project and Programme logs.
- Establish and actively manage the storage of project information and documentation in a collaborative environment (SharePoint for example).
- Assist in the project management including budget development, modification and tracking expenditure against agreed budgets.
- Report on the projects financial position, including making recommendations.
- Assist with the development of a project communication strategy to support programme goals and increase stakeholder awareness.
- Assist in the management of client expectations.
- Collating various workstream program information and ensuring the overall master program is up to date and all critical paths are clearly identifiable.
- The production of project programme reports and notification of programming issues.
- Produce Action Logs following various team meetings.
- Any other reasonable tasks required to deliver the project successfully.
What are we looking for?
- GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Desirable - Programme or Project Management qualification such as APM or PRINCE 2.
- Flexible approach to working to help meet programme deadlines.
- High level of expertise in the use of software applications such as MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- Familiarity with Project Management terminology.
- Basic Financial and Commercial terminology and methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good self-organisational and management skills
- Problem solving and negotiation skills
- Experience of working within a diverse team with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of coordinating and successfully supporting a project delivery.
- Experience of managing Project programme and reporting to Senior Management Team.
- Proactive with a constructive approach and excellent planning, coordination and organisational skills.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.