Building Services Manager
We have an excellent opportunity available for a highly motivated and ambitious Building Services Manager to join a high achieving and tight-knit team in our Bristol office.
The successful building services manager will lead and coordinate the MEP process from project inception through to post-completion using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Senior Services Manager, you will work alongside our Pre-construction and Delivery teams carry out technical reviews of tender documents, Liaise with the estimating team and adjust designs accordingly, supply chain coordination and Oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender. This is an exciting role that will see you working across 2/3 projects at one time and also be the go-to MEP expert for your projects.
The Building Services Managers must keep themselves up to date with industry-wide legislation changes and Willmott Dixon changes in policy and procedures.
Produce, prioritise, and review accurate information in line with the agreed specification and project cost.
Building Services Managers must be team players and excellent motivators as they have to work collectively with pre-construction and operations teams as well as supply chain partners to enable them to work together to produce a coordinated and complete MEP design.
- Manage the complete qualitative, technical and commercial appraisal of services tenders across the team, in conjunction with other team members.
- Identify equal and approved services solutions for inclusion in tenders.
- Ensure technical appraisals of the services design to ensure compliance on all projects.
- Design gap analysis (Building Services)
- Supply Chain Coordination
- Attend meetings such as tender launch meetings, mid tender reviews/interviews and tender adjudications
- Oversee all service handovers between the preconstruction and delivery team to ensure a technically and contractually compliant services tender.
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic.
- Work closely with the Design Manager and project team to ensure an integrated MEP design across multiple build elements.
- Support the production teams in the delivery of M&E systems once the package has been handed over from the preconstruction team
- Work closely with the commissioning manager to ensure full and complete handover of M&E systems
- Good standard of mathematical ability.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Appropriate managerial experience in the services sector.
- Understanding of all relevant M&E and services legislation.
- Commercial acumen.
- Proficient use of and Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook.
- A variety of M&E projects in a wide range of sectors.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Design/ Estimating experience.
- M&E contractor experience
- Commissioning experience
- Working towards MCIOB / CIBSE.
* Reflect on your own experiences & performances and constantly seek to improve
* Model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
* Recognise the importance of relationships both internally and with our supply chain.
* Encourage others to share information and knowledge
* Recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the view of all parties and redirect people's energy
towards satisfactory resolution
* Understand your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
* Take personal responsibility for makings things happen
* Carry out your role in line with the company's sustainability strategy.
In return we offer:
We reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
With over 160 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive within.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths.
Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.