Quality Delivery Manager
Willmott Dixon Interiors are recruiting for new position of Quality Delivery Manager to join our growing team in the Midlands based from our Central Birmingham office at Two Snow Hill (although this is a hybrid role split between office/home and site to suit individual and job requirements).
As a Quality Manager you will support, embed and manage the quality delivery procedures, guidance and initiatives throughout the business, assisting in delivering projects defects free.
The role will have a focus on Quality Delivery across Interiors with responsibility for developing and implementing Quality Delivery strategies and company requirements.
Quality always begins from day one, and you will be heavily involved in the process - approving a Project Quality Plan during the Preconstruction phase.
This is a fantastic role where you will be driving a zero defects culture and undertaking audits and inspections and working closely with others in similar roles in the wider group and with the National QD team to ensure lessons learnt are shared.
Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide projects across the Commercial, Hotel, Leisure, Retail, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way.
Values that we live by and would hope you do too - Courage, being Open and Respect for everyone (COR).
Key responsibilities include:
- Review tender documents and report on quality risks, highlight applicable quality alerts
- Support work winning by providing written responses on quality development where required.
- Provide support to Design Managers and Designers to ensure projects do not start without possession of the appropriate design.
- As above with the aim of engaging with our Cat A suppliers and manufacturers to put quality at the forefront of all procurement decisions.
- Audit Project Quality Plans and ensure that quality delivery feedback generated through the tender period is incorporated into the plan.
- Ensure that Project Quality Plans are in place and signed off in a timely manner.
- Check that the site team have scheduled out the appropriate quality delivery Make Ready and quality delivery Checklists.
- Ensure that document control is being implemented and properly managed.
- Ensure that there is an efficient process in place for managing the clearance of defects in a timely manner such that defect free handovers are achieved.
- Carry out regular site audits across the business to ensure that it is proceeding in accordance with the Quality Plan and Quality delivery process. In particular, check;
- The Plan is being managed in line with the programme of works
- Defects are being recorded, cleared and signed off within suitable time scales
- The works are being installed in accordance with the contract requirements
- The works are suitable protected
- Carry out regular inspections on all projects across the business in order to assist the team with identifying defects or potential defects.
- Raise awareness and support the creation of a defect free culture.
- Support the project teams in arranging for technical training and quality inspections where appropriate.
- Liaise with and support the Systems Compliance Manager with compliance checks and audits.
- Work with the Customer Care team gathering information on post completion defects for feeding back into the Preconstruction and Operations teams.
- Work with the directors to arrange for a post contract review and ensure all quality related items raised at the review are fed back as above.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc) or equivalent
- Appropriate and current CSCS card and SMSTS certificate.
- Ability to accurately read construction programmes, drawings and technical specifications
- Use of Microsoft programmes; ie Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- In-depth experience and high-level knowledge of quality.
- Detailed understanding of all construction packages and methods of installation.
- Ability to research all methods and products, to ensure work is being carried out correctly.
- Appreciation of Supply Chain Partners and Suppliers and their influence upon the quality of the end product.
- Relevant Degree desirable but not essential
- Working towards MCIOB
At Willmott Dixon Interiors we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player.
- Is able to Influence and inspire.
- Has a growth mindset.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Is able to Problem solve.
- Is positive & proactive.
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal.
- Is innovative/creative/open minded.
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation.
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve.
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible.
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
- Is people focused.
- Is driven/motivated.
- Is organised/detailed.
Sound like you? If so, come and join our Willmott Dixon Interiors team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.