Senior Automation Tester
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you'll do:
* Use and enhance our Test Automation Frameworks as well as creating frameworks
* Be the go-to person for coding standards within Ruby or Java
* Work across enterprise and digital applications such as Web, Mobile and Desktop.
* Implement leading and Open-Source tooling and best processes (GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Cypress, Cucumber)
* Implementing BDD transformation and help develop new initiatives
* Collaborate with developers and business/product owner to clarify requirements, especially in terms of testability and completeness
What you'll bring:
* A deep level understanding of Software Testing and / or Quality Assurance.
* Experience working in Agile (TDD / BDD) environment
* Strong experience in Java or Ruby and Hands-on experience with Cucumber & Gherkin
* Strong experience in Automating frontend and backend API testing
* Creating and maintaining the test automation framework and identifying tests to be automated using BDD
* Experience using Continuous Integration tools (Hudson, Jenkins etc.), version control solutions (GIT, SVN etc.)
* Experience with JIRA - Defect Management and reporting
Group Product is the team behind the renowned Sky products line-up. From Sky+ to Sky Q. From hardware and software to intricate design, we're proud that everyone's favourite Sky products are #MadeByUs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work so we're happy to support you as much as we can with the option to start and finish earlier or later depending on your needs.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.