Business Process Optimisation and Customer Journey Lead
Business process optimisation and customer journey lead
Laing O'Rourke has set ambitious targets to transform its business, leveraging lean and agile delivery methods to drive efficiency across all modes of operation. To support this initiative the Group Executive Committee has established a new business entity within the technical function, responsible for the creation and maintenance of digital products to provide transparency and accountability to the program and ultimately realize the huge potential that lies across the construction industry. The group will be led by the newly appointed Group Director of Technology and Digital and will have the full support under a matrixed structure with engineering, research and development, information technology and our global business development and operations teams.
A big part of this change is fostering a culture of trust, truth and transparency supported by inclusion, sustainability and wellbeing of our employees. The successful candidate will be an action-oriented driving force for change within the organization; they will be expected to engage with a broad set of stakeholders and subject matter experts across multiple disciplines, build strong relationships across the group and help lead the organization.
Business process optimisation and customer Journey lead will be primarily responsible to improve our customer journey as well as transforming our products and services using next-gen IT operating model.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Embed customer Journey Framework and system thinking approach to optimise the organisation's business process into customer focused, value driven and lean business processes.
- Collaborate with Business unit functions to define value stream and customer Journeys aligning to Business objectives and key outcomes.
- Conduct Customer Journey mapping exercise to identify customer pain points with our Product, brand and services.
- Redefine, optimise and simplify the end-2-end business processes to resolve customer pain points and deliver business values
- Incorporate the ideas and improvements based on Customer journey findings into overall product backlog by working with Product owner, Business unit leads, and other stakeholders.
- Perform the day-to-day analysis and optimisation of an organisation's business process in order to improve overall performance and remove wastage (non-value add tasks etc.).
- Coordinates studies of operational and performance data and identified opportunities to improve business processes with Information technology leads and other stakeholders.
- Recommend process, people and technologies required to achieve the target state.
- 5+ years of experience in Business process optimisation, system thinking, lean methodologies and/or customer journey framework.
- Proven experience in conducting customer journey mapping to identify customer touch points and pain points to deliver business value.
- Proven experience in optimizing and implementing business process optimisation using system thinking or lean methodologies
- Ability to work with diverse teams and groups on a global basis
- Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
- IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle, both waterfall and agile with experience in different project phases
The ideal candidate will have: strong characteristics of rigor; demonstrate creative and innovative thinking; be pragmatic, empathetic, customer and service oriented; possess clear and effective communication skills; have the ability to take a stand, make and receive feedback, provide solutions; is result oriented and has the ability to make decisions and be held accountable for those decisions.
Construction Industry experience is desirable but not mandatory.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email