Communications Officer - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Communications Officer.
The Communications Officer will provide support for business and public engagement as part of a new road scheme, such as the creation of letters, ebulletins, newsletters, web updates and social media. The role will also be responsible for answering public complaints and queries, as necessary.
- Write and distribute information to advise the public as well as local business about forthcoming work (through letter drops, client website, e-mail, social networking, etc)
- Deal with requests for information and complaints, and manage a complaint register to record the issues and actions taken.
- Manage an event tracker and engage with event organisers to make sure other entertainment events in the local area don’t clash with our activity.
- Produce regular newsletters to advise external businesses, as well as the public about progress with the scheme
- Liaise with local authority officers and councillors at county, district and parish level to ensure all parties are informed.
- Liaise with the freight transport association, local businesses and regional traffic generators (airports, docks etc)
- Arrange and attend public meetings, while producing agendas, and recording minutes.
- Assisting in the arrangement of public information exhibitions including booking of venues, production of exhibition boards etc.
· Minimum HNC 3 A levels grade A to C or equivalent including English
· Strong writing and communications skills
· Creative thinker / problem solver
· Marketing, PR, or other communications experience preferable
· Highways / engineering experience would be advantageous (but not essential)
About the project:
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure has secured a place on Highways England’s Concrete Roads Programme - Reconstruction Works Framework.
Over the next five years, Highways England will work with leading engineering and construction companies Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, John Sisk & Son, VolkerFitzpatrick, Colas Ltd, Dyer & Butler and Tarmac on a long-term programme to repair or replace the concrete surface of motorways or major A roads in England.
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is one of two companies to have been appointed to the £218 million Reconstruction Works Framework. It is a design and build arrangement to demolish existing concrete road surfaces that are in poor condition and replace with a new smoother surface.
With projects directly allocated within the framework it is expected that Morgan Sindall Infrastructure will deliver circa £130 million of work over the four-year period, which commences in March 2021.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We can potentially consider certain types of flexible working in this role for the right candidate, subject to meeting business needs.