People Advisor - Flexible Working Available
People Advisor - (Human Resources)
Location: Vauxhall, London - with hybrid working from home
Overview: An important project based position to support our teams
Permanent Position (Ask the team about flexible or part-time opportunities)
Are you a human resources professional who can connect a diverse team of talent? Are you able to communicate at all career levels and advise on best practice, process and support employees? Then you could be the candidate to work on one of the largest infrastructure projects in London, Thames Tideway. A joint venture (JV) between Laing O'Rourke and Ferrovial.
Can you help Laing O'Rourke to focus on being the industry leader in people resource? Help us to support our employees with effective strategies, collaborative thinking and working relationships for the most positive employee experience.
Are you the candidate that sees an upskilling need? Can you drive high performance agendas? Do you enjoy instigating new and existing policies and procedures? Then please read on as this opportunity could be for you.
What does the success Profile for the suitable applicant look like?
- Expertise in employment law
- Understand various HR systems, policies and procedures and how they impact a business
- Innovative ideas around digital transformation
- Natural ability to communicate easily and effectively at all levels and to maintain good working relationships across JV Partners
- Ability to be both sympathetic and firm.
- Thorough, methodical and meticulous administrative skills
- Working towards a level 5 or equivalent CIPD
To perform the role, you will need to draw on coaching skills, strategy development, case management, monitor key metrics and reporting in the following areas. You will be supported by a Senior People Advisor and the wider people function.
What are some of the expertise required in the role?
- Inform and advise JV Partners on implementing guidelines on ER issues.
- Support JV Partners/Line Managers in challenging performance / capability conversations, coaching them to take appropriate actions on an ongoing basis and to have high quality performance conversations. Challenge managers perceptions of employees ensuring consistency and fairness.
- Support the delivery of key HR cyclical initiatives eg compensation reviews, graduates and school and college leavers initiatives
- Support with overall Talent Management process including the organisation of talent reviews and development of actions plans
- Demonstrate an interest in HR policy and practice improvement for each JV partner and embed on to the Project
- Monitor key metrics across the JV with an ability to review people analytics and make sound recommendations to the Senior People Advisor
- Support with recruitment, working closely with Resource Team and stakeholders. Utilise and develop the resource system reporting tool to oversee resource analytics
- Seek to develop understanding of the JV Partners and identify ways in which you can support business improvement by providing consistent coaching and guidance across the joint venture
How many times have you said to yourself "We can do this better"? Have you had the platform to make those improvements? Laing O'Rourke will provide you with the tools required to fulfil the role and further your development.
Do you feel like you are the one that can make a difference? Then don't hesitate and apply today.
The role will be based out of the main project office in Vauxhall, London and working on closely with our joint venture partner Ferrovial.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a candidate who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as an excellent remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.