Senior Technical Engineer (Mechanical) - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful construction and infrastructure companies in the UK?
Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers some of the UKs most complex and critical infrastructure across six core sectors of energy, water, nuclear, highways, rail and aviation for public and private customers. Working on projects and long-term frameworks, we believe in connecting people, places and communities through innovative and responsible infrastructure. Our people are our business. Through their expertise, we harness innovative ideas and approaches that enable us to safely and responsibly design and deliver resilient infrastructure upon which we all rely. Morgan Sindall Infrastructure is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £3 billion.
As a Senior Project Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that our commitments to our clients are delivered on time to requisite levels of detail and quality.
- Ensure that all safe systems of work requirements are planned for and addressed.
- Expedite subcontractor designs, off-site works, testing and delivery to ensure compliance of quality, budget and programme milestones defined in the subcontract.
- Ensure all staff and subcontractors promote a safety and environmental conscious culture.
- Assist in reviewing and implementing safe systems of work for mechanical and electrical site activities, including risk assessments and method statements and impact / contingency plans.
- Coordinate, control and undertake mechanical testing and commissioning activities, supervising testing and commissioning Works Contractors.
- Coordinate, control and undertake mechanical routine maintenance and process operation, supervising maintenance Works Contractors where engaged.
- Manage defects and corrective actions.
- Provide information and advice for asset management of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Proactively develop and manage customer relationships to ensure full satisfaction.
- Must be a UK sole national, preferable already holding SC clearance but if not, essential that this is obtained prior to start date.
- Nuclear and or MOD experience preferred
- HVAC Experience highly desirable, including ability to technically critique subcontractor detailed designs for buildability, commissioning etc.
- Previous experience of HMNB Clyde beneficial
- SMSTS or similar site safety management qualification preferred
- Experience of safely managing site works, able to lead on developing execution plans.
- Experience of having project managed subcontract packages from tender, through design, manufacturing, FAT, construction and commissioning.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
About our Nuclear business unit:
Joining a growing, innovative and more than anything friendly team, you’ll be able to play your part as well as develop and learn from colleagues. Operating in the Nuclear sector for just over a decade, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure delivers services from operational reactor support, new build and decommissioning, to nuclear defence facilities and more sensitive projects within highly regulated and secure sites. With an ever-expanding Nuclear portfolio, we are proud to support our customers in installing and maintaining existing assets. The Nuclear sector is growing, changing and an innovative environment to work and operate in. We strive to deliver operational excellence and each member of our team plays their role in that.
We offer longevity currently delivering some of the biggest infrastructure projects in the UK, as part of the Programme and Project Partners (PPP). A 20-year partnership, PPP was established by Sellafield Ltd through contracts with Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR), Jacobs, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure and Doosan Babcock Ltd in 2019, to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy.
Future opportunities within our Infrastructure Strategic Alliance (ISA). The ISA provides Sellafield Ltd with the capability and capacity to deliver a growing programme of infrastructure projects required for an aging asset portfolio. The alliance is mainly aimed at protecting and developing the utility assets; however, it also has scope for a number of non-utility asset projects as well.
A diverse and growing portfolio with our Clyde Commercial Framework (CCF). The CCF programme ensures that the teams responsible for delivering the UK’s Continuous at Sea Deterrent (CASD) are able to live work and train in safe, state of the art facilities. The framework delivers cost effective infrastructure solutions to enable HMNB Clyde to continue to endure in its new role as the Royal Navy’s Single Integrated Operating Base.
Our projects will offer experience, development and vast degree of knowledge. The areas in which we operate in will offer you the opportunity to explore, open your mind and work in some of the most beautiful landscape within the United Kingdom.
We believe in delivering responsible nuclear and defence infrastructure.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.