Director of Neighbour Experience
Director of Neighbour Experience
We are looking for an exceptional leader to lead the efforts of the organisation in making the experience of the charity’s neighbours better, as part of the launch of the new Neighbour Experience team.
The Neighbour Experience team is all about making the charity better, by serving those it interacts with, neighbours, just as Jesus taught us. Neighbours could be existing or future supporters, church leaders, donors, influencers or even paid staff and volunteers and, ultimately, it includes the children in projects around the world.
At the heart of the charity’s ministry is a relentless passion to act on faith and empower every child left vulnerable by poverty. The work is Christ centred, child focused, and church based.
Keep reading and apply if you think this is the role for you!
Position: Director of Neighbour Experience
Location: Office based (Fleet, Hampshire) or home based with regular travel to Fleet
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week flexible working pattern with occasional evening work
Closing Date: 30th September 2021
Interview Date: 12th and 14th October 2021
About the Role
The global strategic priority is to refocus the entire ministry on serving its neighbours. This is achieved through knowing neighbours, by loving them and connecting them. But what does this mean for a billion-dollar child development organisation reaching such a diverse set of people globally?
The role of Neighbour Experience department is to bring this new philosophy to the UK and Ireland and activate it, to enable the charity to have a better focus on outcomes for all key selected neighbour groups – which would primarily focus on supporters, donors, influencers and church leaders, as well as staff and volunteers.
There is a team of incredibly talented strategic minds developing this strategy based out of the USA site. You’ll be primary point of connection with them, inputting the UK sites perspectives into their thinking and consider the best ways to bring this insight and new ways of working to the UK.
A key part of this role is to develop a strategy and a team in the UK that will help introduce and embed this philosophy inside the organisation. This will likely consist of four areas of specialty: Data Science and Reporting, Market Research, Journey Mapping and Product Management
In some areas of the business you’ll have direct responsibility for key business metrics and success of those initiatives (particular around supporter engagement and retention), while elsewhere you’ll partner with other departments and support and serve them to achieve outcomes.
- Actively maintain and promote the charity’s Christian ethos and values
- Partner in the Strategic Direction of the organisation as a Director in the Marketing & Engagement Division
- Set and maintain the strategy for Neighbour Experience across the whole organisation to meet key outcomes
- Provide Strategic Direction and Leadership to the Neighbour Experience Department
- Act as liaison point with the international site and represent the UK site in discussions about global roll-out of the Neighbour Strategy
To flourish in this role, you'll need:
- Post-graduate level of understanding of marketing, sales, data science and/or experience design
- Experience of senior leadership
- Good understanding of product management, customer/supporter journey creation, CRM databases and compliance
- Financial management experience, including managing six figure budgets, forecasting and variance reporting
- Strong personal skill set
To flourish in this role, you’ll need experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Understanding and experience of managing a brand (in its widest sense) for a business or organisation with a turnover of £2m or more
- Experience of commissioning and leading market research activities
- Marketing and creative concept experience
- Been part of a team responsible for creating journey maps (or equivalent) for customers, prospects or other key audience segments
We need you to be…
Personally, committed to the Christian faith. There’s an occupational requirement for the holder of this role to be a practising Christian, in order to promote the charity’s ethos and help others to experience, explore and express the faith-based motivation of our work.
Please note the charity can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements. This individual will represent and speak on behalf of a Christian charity and as such the Occupational Requirement for an active Christian faith is justified under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1, clause 3.
You may have experience in areas such as Innovation, Innovation and Delivery, Research, Research and Innovation, Impact and Evaluation, Monitoring, Monitoring and Impact, Impact and Engagement, Policy and Research, Community, Supporter, Supporters, Donor, Volunteer, Supporter Care, Supporter Engagement, Community Engagement, Community Development, Research and Insight, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Market Research, Transformation, Campaigning, Marketing, Marketing and Engagement, Sales, Data, Scientific Data, Customer Care, Data Analyst, Director, Head of, Change Management, Compliance, Product, Product and Services, Marketing, Director of Marketing, Director of Marketing and Engagement.