Lead Clinical Scientist
Who We Are
At Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients’ lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.
Collaborative innovation is at the very heart of the organisation and we invest more than most other companies in R&D to drive this. We are proud of our history bringing patients first-in-class and best-in-class products as we continue to develop products which have breakthrough designations for high unmet needs. Roche have pioneered a number of novel treatments, having successfully changed treatment paradigm of a number of oncological diseases We have a truly differentiated portfolio across oncology, inflammation, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and neurology which covers a uniquely broad spectrum of innovative solutions for healthcare needs of the future. Projects address all stages of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease as well as enhancing the quality of life.
Lead Clinical Scientist
With recent exciting developments in the haematology therapy area, we are now looking for a motivated scientist with drug development experience in haematology/oncology. This role is an opportunity to redefine haematology treatment based on biomarker selection and work on new endpoints utilising personalised healthcare
Within the role of Clinical Development Scientist, you will mainly participate in the ongoing medical review and periodical data review as well as amendment and implementation of protocols/ICFs that support immunotherapy late phase clinical trials in genitourinary cancers. You will also work closely with the medical director to lead/support data cut and data cleaning.
The Clinical Development Scientist is the single point of contact for any scientific queries from the sites or study management team (SMT). You will lead the SMT in order to achieve integrated data for clinical study reports. You will also be responsible for authorship of clinical science documentation and clinical science input into other documentation managed by other Roche groups. Additionally, you may have the opportunity to present at Investigator meetings, Steering Committee Meetings, teleconferences, and training meetings and contribute to Health Authority interactions.
You will build effective relationships across the organization, and will collaborate with Medical Directors, Clinical Scientists, Data Managers, Safety Scientists, Biostatisticians, Clinical Operations, CRAs and other functions across the globe including San Francisco, Basel and Welwyn. You will also develop new relationships and collaborate with external partners and stakeholders such as investigators, clinicians, scientists and KOL’s.
You will participate in the relevant Study Management Team (SMT), Clinical Science Team (CST), and will represent PDC in sub-teams which are relevant to your role. This role will be a great opportunity for those seeking for a clinical scientist role to gain late phase clinical development skill sets/knowledge in oncology
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (life sciences preferred)
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree is preferred (e.g. PhD, PharmD, MSN, MPH, etc.) with background in haematology
- Clinical development experience (e.g. clinical scientist, study management, operation, regulatory, biostats) in industry preferred
- Understand the importance of clinical endpoint and data integrity is a must
- Medical data review experience is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, communication and presentation skills
- Experience in haematology/oncology would be an advantage
- Passion to improve patient care and desire to learn new things
- Sound knowledge of medical aspects of GCP (Good Clinical Practice), ICH (International Conference on Harmonisation of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use), FDA, EMEA, and other relevant guidelines and regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of product and safety profiles
If you are proud of contributing and feel you have the commitment to teamwork and innovation that we are seeking, then Roche is the organisation for you. Every role at Roche plays a part in making a difference to patients’ lives. If you want to work in a passionate team, make your mark and improve lives, apply now.
Good luck with your application.