Senior Consultant, Renewable Energy
Location: Our office are in the UK (Cricklade, Wiltshire and Glasgow, Scotland) but we are happy to explore flexible working arrangements
About the role
The Senior Consultant will manage and deliver strategic advisory services across our core areas of expertise, including advising clients in business strategy, industry economics and technology.
Working closely with other members of the team, you will:
- Deliver consultancy projects to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting
- Support business development and provide input to proposals
- Engage with industry to stay up to date with latest information, and gain insight into current trends and thinking
- Undertake desk-based research into the technology, market and supply chain of the industries we serve
- Develop in-house tools and keep our knowledge management systems up to date, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
BVGA wants to be an inclusive employer - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. We are therefore keen to meet with people from varied backgrounds.
We are looking for people with most of the following:
- At least two years’ relevant wind industry experience, or two years of management consulting experience, working with industrial companies
- A degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, business or economics (2.1 or above)
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ideally experience of working with databases and data science
- Project management capability experience, including managing client relationships
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills; data science training or experience would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately in written documents
- A highly logical mind, to analyse situations, identify improvements and structure facts into coherent arguments
- The ability to pick things up quickly, as every project and every day can be different
- Initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn
- Confidence in your ability and talent as a high performer, and
- A vibrant interest in the industries we serve.