Automation Technical Supervisor, Broadcast
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Technical Management team work across a broad range of Sky's state-of-the-art studio facilities and systems as the technical leads ensuring effective and efficient delivery of all programming produced through the resources of Sky Production Services
What you'll do:
- On the day production technical ownership in an automated gallery, ensuring our clients feel confident you are the go-to technical person on the production
- Responsible for the ultimate technical quality of productions
- Able to operate an automated production control system, such as Ross Overdrive for transmission of shows.
- Create automation programming for new shows, specials, and new segments
- Ensure all positions are staffed and all equipment and facilities are checked out and ready beforehand
- Responsible for floor vision monitoring, in-vision monitoring, projection systems, and vision signal path management.
- Vision Control duties - matching the exposure and colour balance of the cameras ("Racking")
- Control in-set elements and lighting levels by cue selection.
- Routing of internal and external sources as well as liaise with other technical areas
- Provide first-line technical support acting as the key point of contact for incidents affecting studio operations and escalating as necessary
- Maintain and develop appropriate comprehensive technical documentation
- Work with the technical operations team to develop the automation platform to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities.
- Implement changes/updates to the automation workflow
- Provide training to members of the technical crew when needed
- Responsible for the technical quality of the signal being recorded or broadcast (use various measuring devices and displays to ensure quality control)
- Maintain and test a Disaster Recovery process for automation, ensuring the process is up to date, detailed and communicated to the technical and operational teams
- Work closely with the editorial and technical teams to ensure the look and feel of the output maintains the standards of Sky
What you'll bring:
- Understanding of Vision Mixer concepts and can program a vision mixer engine
- Ability to use automation technology and understand how it links to gallery devices, such as the vision and sound mixers, graphics and video play-out and camera robotics.
- Understanding of principles of an APC (Automation Production Control) and principles of Automated workflows
- Strong interpersonal skills, and a team work ethic
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Knowledge of rolling live gallery environment and TV production processes
- Advanced computer proficiency
- Excellent attention to detail and an interest in new and emerging technology
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and workflows to all areas of the business, from production through to engineering
Team Overview:Sky Production Services Sky Production Services is the home of content creation and innovation for Sky and beyond. We provide outstanding facilities and talent for storytellers, including Studios, Post Production and other content production resources. We want to give our customers the best viewing experience, from the picture they see, the sound they hear to the entertainment, sports or news programme they choose to watch.
The Rewards:There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:Osterley:Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Inclusion:We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Why wait?Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.