Product Marketing Director
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Marketing and Communications Office:
The Chief Marketing and Communications Office is accountable for marketing, communications, public relations and government affairs across the group. This critical function is focused on building the Inmarsat brand, driving marketing lead generation, communicating both internally and externally and ensuring a favourable policy environment.
Primary role purpose:
As the Director - Product Marketing you will be the primary point of contact within the Marketing team for the creation and maintenance of product marketing collateral.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to put their stamp on the creation of a product marketing capability. Working closely with the VP Marketing Communications & Digital they will develop systems, processes and templates for the effective development of product marketing assets that demonstrate the uniqueness of our offer in an easy to digest manner for non-technical audiences.
As the Product Marketing Director, you will ensure work is delivered to a high standard against agreed timelines. You must have an outstanding attention to detail, be organised, and have excellent written and communication skills. You must be comfortable in working within a fast-paced matrix environment.
- Developing systems, processes and templates for the production of high quality product marketing assets
- Prioritising the production of assets, focusing on materials that will have the largest impact for the organisation
- Outlining and implementing metrics to record and measure the effectiveness of product marketing
- Writing material in a format that is easy to digest for our Prospects, Customers and Partners i.e. in a consumer friendly non-technical manner
- Working effectively with Sales, Business Units, Market Intelligence Product functions to ensure inputs from these respective teams are captured before materials are produced
- Ensuring all activities are delivered on time and within budget
- Overseeing Product Marketing activity from beginning to end ensuring they meet the target objectives and are aligned with key messages
- A/B Testing materials to trial new ideas for effectiveness
- Ensuring all materials capture Inmarsat’s unique differentiation versus competition
- Reporting on return on investment and making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Working collaboratively with:
- VP Marketing, Communication & Digital
- BU Marketing Leads
- BU Sales and Market Development Leaders
- Market Intelligence
- Product Managers and key team members from within Commercial Product Management function
- Engaging with peers across the Marketing function
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Developing product positioning and messaging for key products and features, including customer value proposition
- Strong demonstrable experience in delivering product marketing assets within a global organisation
- The ability to translate complex ideas into simple and engaging messages that consumers can understand
- Excellent written and storytelling skills
- Experience in running Product Marketing campaigns from inception to completion
- Strong analytical skills, accustomed to using data and insights to make decisions and produce compelling consumer focused content
- Background in marketing communications and/or campaign management
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player who can also work on own initiative
- Strong project management and stakeholder skills are essential
- Experience of dealing with and/or managing external agencies
- Experience of managing a team and budget. This position will have line management duties for one full-time person.
- Experience of working in a fast paced matrix organisation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications including PowerPoint
- Educated to degree level with excellent oral and written command of English
- Relevant industry experience gained from a similar company would be a strong advantage.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of mobile satellite or telecommunications industry
- Experience working in a B2B environment
- Experience of working in a channel partner and direct to consumer environment
- Creatives skills – ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud or Canva to create marketing assets
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do