Associate Product Manager, Aircraft Connectivity Terminals (Fixed Term Contract – 12 months)
2 days left
- Contract Type
Associate Product Manager, Aircraft Connectivity Terminals (Fixed Term Contract – 12 months) Company Description
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
Primary role purpose:
- Capture product requirements
- Produce product documentation e.g. specifications, system descriptions documents, training manuals
- Coordinate with functional teams within Inmarsat and Vendors to gather documentation inputs
- Track the delivery of Commercial Service Implementation requirements
- Maintain the programme documentation register, and track the product data configuration
- Support the Product Manager in the day-to-day delivery of the programme with technical issue resolution
- Troubleshoot system issues by accessing the various tools available and analysing log data to track, identify, and resolve technical issues
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Competent in requirements management, configuration management and technical documentation writing
- Good understanding of the product development/ systems engineering lifecycle
- Ability to understand & interpret both commercial and technical requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver concise technical information
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to create influence. Experience working collaboratively across a large team to achieve business objectives
- Ability to build constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including adapting to their culture and ways of working
- Experience in a relevant system engineering environment (aerospace, defence, satellite communications)
- Relevant Degree (STEM), or equivalent
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- RF Communications
- Satellite Communications, In-Flight connectivity, iDirect
- Knowledge/Experience of Agile methods of development
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do