Technical Support Consultant
6 days left
- Contract Type
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Primary role purpose:
As a Global Technical Support Consultant, you’re not new to communications and networking; you’ve grown your knowledge both academically and practically across a range of communications and technology. What makes you different is the passion and self-drive you demonstrate in taking a customer’s issues and owning it through to completion, exceeding all expectations along the way. Your dedication and loyalty is absolute and your life’s desire is to embroil yourself in a career where the challenges are greater than ever before - but the rewards are exponentially greater still. You love to problem solve and feel challenged and your greatest passion is to embed yourself with the most innovative and thriving technologies that don’t just exist today – but tomorrow. You want to make a difference to real people and with Inmarsat, the UK’s pioneering Satellite Technology Company, you can.
As a Global Technical Support Consultant, you’ll be monitoring and maintaining the terminals, firmware and networks Inmarsat’s Partners and end customers and sometimes as part of a Managed Service offering. If there are any issues relating to ‘The Service Offering’, such as configuration, upgrades, throughput, you’ll be the first person our Partners and end customers will come to. Tasks can include installing and configuring systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face. Most importantly, as a customer cannot afford to be without safety communications for more than the minimum time taken to repair or replace, your technical support is vital to the ongoing operation of that vessel, aircraft or land based terminal and the lives of those relying on these services.
Some tasks you may be involved in include:
- Working with customers to identify and diagnose hardware device, software application, system, and or network problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer issues and solutions to enable Business Improvement initiatives
- Updating self-help documents so customers and colleagues can try to fix problems themselves
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
This role will allow you to demonstrate and challenge your technical knowledge giving you the opportunity to work within a passionate, enthusiastic team that display a proactive, zealous and dedicated passion for our customer and their requirements, providing empathy drive and pioneering a level of service our customers want and deserves.
- You have a keen interest to understand everything technical and spend hours taking things apart and putting them back together to see how and why they work. Your interest is now focused on the world of communications for both packet switched and circuit switched services.
- You are aware as a Satellite Communications Company, the IT infrastructure maybe exposed to cyber activity. Working with applications and CAPs, you are aware of the risks that Cyber activity can cause through corporate policy and procedures.
- You are exceptionally customer focused and love assisting other people overcome technical challenges, which drives you to identify solutions, which are both inspirational and innovative.
- You understand why communications are critical and using your technical ability can ensure that network connectivity is maintained.
- You are keen to expand your technical knowledge and thrive on finding the right solution and sharing this with your colleagues.
- You are keen to drive creativity that can influence a commercial organisation
A position to challenge you:
- You will support our customers offering them an experience second to none.
- You will deliver technical solutions using traditional and innovative troubleshooting techniques on the network, hardware and applications providing customer excellence along the way.
- Qualified to a network level or have equivalent knowledge and capabilities. You will be confident in your own knowledge and abilities. With your solid communications experience and sound judgment you will be able to take strategic risks when needed.
- You will be self-motivated and tenacious in ensuring that even under pressure; tight deadlines will be met with your customer’s needs coming first.
- You will be proactive in maintaining and growing a strong technical awareness along with a solid commercial knowledge all enabling you to consult and deliver appropriate solutions to your customers, building loyalty and rapport as you go.
- You will manage cases in line with customer’s expectations securing SLAs and KPIs.
- You will participate in troubleshooting any GX service system or hardware issue raised by our channel, NOC or other internal parties.
- You will assist in GX end-to-end troubleshooting in regards to spectrum issues on the over-the-air interface and issues on the hub side, related to line cards, protocol processors and cisco routers.
- You will support GX network/systems issues to ensure minimum impact in the services
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have fluency in Greek Language – oral and written
- Professional telephone manner
- Ability to communication affectively at all levels
- Being able to decipher technically complex issues from a multicultural customer base
- Display an adaptable and flexible approach in meeting a customer’s requirements, being creative, innovative and prepared to go the extra mile in assisting customers with their queries.
- Working in a team environment and being a team player
- PC Literate
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in communications / network engineering.
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or cellular sector.
- Mobile communications technologies such as Satellite Communications, Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
- Wireless Networking technologies such as WiFi® and Bluetooth® within a mobile / satellite environment
- CCNA qualification
- Working knowledge of VSAT
- Good understanding of core Inmarsat Products & Services and their capabilities
- Experience in working in a technical and International customer service environment
- Experience in working on a shift pattern
- Inmarsat Channel Partnership & General Commercial Awareness
- Awareness of Operational Process and Procedures
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do