Airline Proposition Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Aviation business unit is the leading provider of satellite communications solutions to airlines, operators and passengers worldwide, keeping people in touch at 35,000 feet in the sky. Inmarsat provides the ultimate inflight connectivity experience for the entire aircraft, from voice and safety communications in the cockpit to high-speed, reliable broadband in the cabin.
Primary role purpose:
The main objective of the role is to oversee the development of retail propositions that drive the monetization of WiFi sessions consumed by airline passengers both through direct sales of WiFi sessions to passengers as well as indirectly through the partnering with sponsors, advertisers, retailers, and affiliate partners.
The role will maintain a strong focus on 4P proposition development and namely:
- Conceive and author business requirements for products and services that will drive up retail demand of onboard WiFi sessions;
- Develop and model price propositions delivering both optimal retail pricing models as well as pricing rate cards for sponsors, advertisers, retailers, and affiliate partners;
- Identify and roll out marcomms activities in close collaboration with Inmarsat’s corporate marketing communications function;
- Identify and define business requirements for new retail channels.
As said, the focus of this role is retail oriented and will be expected to deliver state-of-the-art passenger experiences for inflight connectivity and entertainment adapted to the specific needs and objectives of each airline client. The role will also act at a cross-functional level integrating stakeholder inputs, such as product management contributions, corporate strategic and tactical objectives, as well as the requirements of the client airline.
While the success of this role does require strategic and tactical acumen, the overall success will be measured on bringing tangible propositions to the market and drive retail performance.
The role also includes externally facing responsibilities vis-a-vis airline clients, prospects, partners, and suppliers.
This role will be able to lean on colleagues both within the Digital Commerce & Experience function as well as cross-functionally. The right candidate will however want to be comfortable and capable of taking the lead also within a cross-functional team setting.
- Developing and delivering retail propositions in the inflight connectivity market;
- Define end-to-end cabin proposition plans and objectives for each airline client;
- Oversee the roll-out and commercial performance of the cabin propositions per airline client and promote change management initiatives in order to improve KPIs;
- Maintain the cabin proposition roll-out planning per airline client and liaise with the account management, airline clients, product, technical, reporting, finance, and programme teams as key stakeholders;
- Support new business bids by coordinating that cabin proposition inputs are provided by internal stakeholders, are submitted on time, and are in line with corporate strategy.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree or equivalent relevant work experience within web media, entertainment, telecom (namely ISP), and/ or aviation;
- 4P business planning skills;
- Excellent cross-functional management skills;
- Good communication skills at all levels of an organisation;
- The ideal candidate will have extensive retail business experience from a web media/ ecommerce or telecommunications services based business where delivering a plethora of revenue streams is paramount i.e. from direct ecommerce sales, sponsors, advertisers, retailers, and affiliate partners.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the technical and commercial constraints of delivering services within an airline cabin environment is desirable but not essential
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do