Senior Product Manager - Sports/Web
Over 30 years, Eurosport has established itself as a household name for sports. Now, Discovery has re-energised Eurosport and is investing heavily in ways that connect fans to the sports they love.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium, and innovative content on linear and digital platforms under a variety of business models. Eurosport combines expertise, passion, and exclusive sports rights to offer high-value programmes and unrivalled coverage to viewers and customers in 99 countries and in 21 languages. Having established itself as the exclusive Home of the Olympic Games in Europe through 2024, there's no better time than now to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure!
Core to Eurosport’s strategy for engaging sports audience is creating intuitive, innovative, and delightful digital products. This role is instrumental to delivering against our digital strategy.
As a Senior Product Manager for Eurosport Digital, you will own parts of the scope of Eurosport responsive web product – features, functionality, UX&D – end-to-end and lead development and innovation on our ‘go to’ digital platform, www.eurosport.com. Additionally,
- You will conduct technical product and usability analysis and define and closely monitor qualitative and quantitative customer metrics and key performance indicators of the web product (e.g. SEO).
- You will draft product requirements documents, review and approve website design documentation, and supervise on-going “A, B, C testing” of iterative updates and improvements to the responsive website experience.
- You are a role-model for describing all aspects of your scope to any stakeholder from junior colleagues to executive leadership. Your portfolio of clear, concise written documentation corroborates this assessment.
- You have mastered the skill to balance your technical depth, product knowledge, business understanding, organizational and communication skills to ensure that the right decisions are made when and wherever you are involved. You have a long track record proving this.
- You have participated in your team’s planning process and demonstrated the capacity to think strategically above and beyond the tactical responsibilities of quick feature delivery. You are able to help define goals for your department and build the metric reports that allow your team to measure progress against these goals.
This role reports to the Digital Product Director, Eurosport Digital, and will develop close relationships with the wider product, engineering, marketing, editorial, and commercial teams to define and deliver products that deliver value to Eurosport’s customers.
- Set SMART goals for your scope and report on progress.
- Be a leading contributor to all website documentation – design docs, wireframes, requirements docs, user journeys, development schedules and plans, FAQs, etc.
- Detail Jira tickets to document requirements and acceptance criteria for new website features
- Actively participate in the website roadmap efinition – gathering and documenting business needs, and report on the progress to the wider product team to deliver on their respective elements.
- Ensure on-time and effective delivery of the engineering workflow, working closely with the web technology and engineering team.
- Engage and communicate with the wider business on all things website related – updates to browser technology and search tools, new features, capabilities, etc.
- Work successfully within a milestone-driven, high-performing environment, utilizing standard product development processes.
- Proven experience in website product development. The ideal candidate is already overseeing a web product of critical value to their business, setting development roadmap, measuring progress, securing commitments and managing engineering and development, and overseeing delivery through multiple iterations.
- Broad understanding of and experience with responsive website product design, usability, and best practices.
Experience building and using website product analytics tools to extract useful customer behaviour and usage insights that inform product development and roadmap priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Comfort and experience presenting to all levels from peers and colleagues to executive leadership.
- Proven track record of building and developing high performing teams. Experience coaching and developing talent and leading by example.