Lead Business Analyst
6 days left
- Contract Type
Lead Business Analyst
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Dartford, some flexible remote working
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
The purpose of this role is to inspire & lead a team that achieves a step change in Business Analysis and testing capability for Laing O'Rourke through Compelling Leadership, Strategies and Collaborations.
- Lead cultural change to embed Business analysis framework as integral strategy to enable successful delivery of Business capabilities/benefits
- Lead the team of BA's - initially setting the team up and then supporting and driving their development to become experienced and mature in their role
- Lead exploitation of test practices and Test automation practices & embed in all major programmes of work to improve productivity & quality whilst reducing cycle time to deliver benefits & delivering a sustainable product into support
- Drive change within Laing O'Rourke.com through advocacy of Product centric approach and enabling methodologies of Agile and DevOps, through Business Analysis domains
- Develop & active management of relationship with key stakeholders to enable IT to be seen as a 'trusted partner', consulting on business strategies and roadmaps
- Shape the benefits profiles of future strategic investment options for presentation to the Digital Investment Group
- Provides Business consultancy service to departmental Directors and Heads of functions.
- Ensure governance boards have decision points on evaluation of options and proposals to deliver the business benefits, against which the BA team will lead on the recommendations
- Account management external suppliers, Measure performance of all key services (Business analysis, Testing & Quality) and drive continuous improvement interventions.
- Shape and implement the future operational model and sourcing strategy for IT business analysis & testing to support and beyond.
- Lead the development and implementation of test environment and test data strategies for all Programmes of work and agree with the Head of IT Operations and the Head of IT Delivery.
- Previous experience of setting and driving the strategic direction for Business Analysis (including testing) in a similar or equivalent environment to Laing O'Rourke
- Significant experience of IT applications development using differing delivery methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, DevOps) in a complex environment
- Experience of Business Analysis/testing in a complex multi-site environment with relevant qualifications
- Experienced in Benefits analysis and development techniques (i.e. Benefits network dependency
- Experience of driving change through technology.
- Demonstrable ability to lead high performance teams with proven track record of delivering through others and matrix managed teams
Don't match all the criteria? We are open and always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email