Senior Manager Acquisition Finance Credit
Do you have passion and a positive personality? Are you willing to pursue a variety of tasks with a flexible and agile approach? If so, a role at Lloyds Banking Group in the Specialist Credit team is for you!
Acquisition Finance Credit ("AFC") is a core part of the Specialist Credit Team within CCO. The AFC Team specialises in the independent credit analysis and sanction of debt and other facilities provided to Private Equity owned businesses originated by Strategic Debt Finance (SDF) in Commercial Banking and also supports the risk management of this debt throughout the business' life cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Senior Credit Officer to play a central role in supporting the Origination business deliver their growth objectives sustainably and with a clear focus on risk. This is a key senior management role within the Specialist Credit Team, that will come with a delegated lending discretion. You'll also be responsible for leading and managing a team of Credit Officers and Senior Credit Analysts.
What you'll be doing...
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the quality of the leveraged portfolio, highlighting emerging risks to senior stakeholders.
- Typically is a Sanctioner, demonstrating good judgment and decisiveness and responsible for quality of submissions and analysis.
- Communicates complex or difficult messages in an optimal way to different audiences.
- Able to fully engage with internal and external stakeholders to provide appropriate portfolio disclosures.
- Motivates the team to deliver against performance expectations and share knowledge across 1st and 2nd Lines of defence.
- Has a sophisticated understanding of market dynamics and trends in order to provide strategic direction to the team.
- Utilises their sector / product knowledge to lead and improve credit risk profile.
- Takes ownership of the quality control across the team and drives simplification & harmonisation initiatives rolled out across Corporate Credit.
- Proactively supports the Acquisition Finance mission to integrate the function and improve credit risk oversight and controls.
- Motivates others to embrace innovation and simplify ways of working across teams.
You have deep experience of existing Acquisition Finance credit risk experience and an ability to quickly learn and adapt to new challenges. You'll have well-developed communication and influencing skills and are happy to challenge the status quo whilst being comfortable making and explaining your decisions. You're also able to balance conflicting demands whilst delivering to tight timescales.
- Demonstrates a strong and broad network of senior stakeholders across Risk, Commercial Banking, LBCM and other relevant partner areas to share expertise and optimise efficiency.
- Demonstrates sophisticated financial and non-financial (including documentation / legal risks) analysis skills and both written and oral skills.
Does this sound like you?
If so, and you want to be part of an independent credit risk management structure within LBG, supporting an important and sophisticated asset class and dynamic sectors then please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you! In return for bringing us your passion and engagement, we're offering a strong platform to fulfil your career potential.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive work environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.