About the Role
As a BIM Manager, you will be responsible for driving the implementation of Building Information Modelling (BIM) into the Gas Transmission (GT) business, working with IT to develop systems such as common data environment, document management, drawings and modelling tooling. You will lead on the transformation of our construction processes to be digital, utilising innovative technology to meet GT's strategic requirements.
Our core digital asset systems include Document Management Platform, Common Data Environment, Drawing and Design Tooling.
- Business expert in BIM implementation and system ownership.
- Sets the strategy for the configuration and business usage of digital asset systems to meet GT's strategic objectives.
- Creates and owns the digital asset system roadmap considering integration points and changes to meet developing business needs.
- Provides leading expertise in digital asset systems and applies this to process improvement and efficiency across GT.
- Creates and champions initiatives working with key stakeholders to implement system configuration and functionality ensuring appropriate engagement.
- Ensures that the benefits of system configuration are appropriately delivered hand-in-hand with business change.
- Works with stakeholders across the business gaining senior buy in to create investments in systems to deliver strategic business benefits.
- Interprets business requirements working with IT and vendors to deliver appropriate new solutions, updgrades and configurations.
- Design business systems implementation plans and releases taking into account business and technical constraints.
- Provides expertise in how the digital assets systems are utilised by the GT ensuring business delivery is not adversley affected by change.
- Defines communications strategy for initiatives and ongoing system health.
- Works with IT to set the IT investment plan and architecture for digital asset systems.
Occasional travel to operational sites may be required as part of this role.
We're looking for someone who...
- Can think creatively - seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Is highly numerate and analytical - can determine appropriate datasets to meet business requirements and facilitate processes.
- Has good communication skills - is able to identify and manage key stakeholders and communicate confidently at all levels.
Technical Experience/Specialist Knowledge Required:
- Strong knowledge of common data environments and their use including data flows.
- Experience of delivering BIM in a construction environment to deliver value and reduce cost of project delivery.
- Experience of working with construction partners to tooling, ways of working and standards.
- Good understanding of Information Management according to ISO19650 standards and requirements.
- Good understanding of leveraging system integration.
- Commercial understanding of system changes and associated benefits realisation.
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary between £44,400 - £56,000 dependent on capability.
- Flexible and part-time working can be accommodated.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 26 days after 2 years employment) plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
- Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your salary.
- A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
- Paid expenses for any business travel and accommodation excluding travel to your base location/office.
- You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
- Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
- Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working will be supported, however you will be expected to travel to Warwick as and when required.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
The application process includes a CV review and if minimum requirements are met, an invite for an initial 20-minute telephone conversation with the hiring manager, followed by a formal interview if shortlisted following telephone conversation.