Senior Data Analyst
About the Role
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will analyse and understand how data is used in Gas Transmissions (GT) systems and processes, providing analytical expertise in the manipulation, interpretation, updating and management of data. You will act as an expert in how datasets are used across all of GT's systems, owning and authoring the GT data model.
Your role will be to understand the data owners objectives, and design and implement data update processes and controls to meet them. Leading in the analysis and profiling of datasets to inform data design, mitigation and change activities, you will also interpret data and meta-data using statistical analyses and profiling.
Working with stakeholders, you will work to continuously improve working practices, research and understand data issues to design appropriate solutions, whilst supporting activities to determine the most appropriate design to suit a data set. You will design and author end-to-end data documentation to enable engagement and governance activities as well as implement data governance and data quality strategies with system implementation and business change.
Using tools such as T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, VBA and Python, you will write code to develop automated processes. You will also perform process and transactional activities as required for the maintenance and testing of data and support quality audit activities to maintain the highest standards of output, including peer review.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst who...
- Can prioritise and organise - works to tight deadlines and has excellent attention to detail.
- Is highly numerate and analytical - with the ability to work with large sets of data, managing and manipulating databases.
- Demonstrates accuracy - whilst working in a fast-changing work environment without compromising quality of work.
- Good knowledge of data quality and governance principles.
- Understanding of data structures, database design and GT asset data.
- Understanding of database and data warehousing methodology including normalisation/de-normalisation, entity relationships, primary key/foreign key relationships, star schemas and dimensional modelling.
- Good knowledge of how data is used in GT's systems and the processes it relates to.
- Proven ability and expertise across a range of data management disciplines.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Access, T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, VBA and Python.
The ideal candidate will have a scientific or numerical based degree, numerate and data management/computer related further education and/or relevant experience.
What You'll Get
- A competitive salary between £38,900 - £49,000 dependent on capability.
- Flexible and part-time working can be accommodated.
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 26 days following 2 years of employment) plus 8 statutory days - option available to buy extra holiday days.
- Annual performance bonus of up to 6% of your salary.
- A generous pension scheme where we double match your contribution up to 6% (maximum Company contribution of 12%) of your salary each month i.e. for every £1 you contribute, we'll put another £2 (you can contribute more un-matched if you want to).
- Paid expenses for any business travel and accommodation excluding travel to your base location/office.
- You will also have access to several other flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes.
- Access to employee support, care and assistance helplines.
- Access to Employer Matched charity giving.
Opportunity Type: Permanent
Location: Hybrid working will be supported, however you will be expected to travel to Warwick as and when required.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd October 2021
We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
The application process includes a CV review and if minimum requirements are met, an invite for an initial 20-minute telephone conversation with the hiring manager, followed by a formal interview if shortlisted following telephone conversation.