Electrical Maintenance Engineers - new salary!
****New enhanced salary package****
c£40,000 (£17.40 per hour basic plus applicable shift premium)
Bonus scheme and overtime opportunities
42 hour shift rota working days and nights
Elmsall Drive Warehouse, South Elmsall
About the role:
Next is one of the UK’s best known retailers on the high-street and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 9000 people across our distribution network.
Growth at Next Distribution is non-stop. With investment in our exisiting operations and new warehouses, we are looking fortalented Maintenance Engineersto join us. What's more, we areexcitedto annouce anenhanced salary package, plus bonus, overtime and a host of other benefits
Life as a Maintenance Engineer at Next is full of variety and challenges. You will be part of a team playing a pivotal role in ensuring that the huge range of warehouse machinery and equipment are maintained and repaired as required to ensure the operation runs smoothly.
Implementing management instruction with regard to all aspects of the role and ensure awareness of Health and Safety, working in a specialist field, you will be required to;
Perform fault-finding and diagnosis on a range of PLC controlled warehouse equipment
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on a range of pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and robots in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and industry standard practices
- Be responsible for the recording of all work undertaken
- Analysis and resolution of Electrical and Mechanical faults and repairs
- Conduct regular inspections whilst assisting in the completion and review of risk assessments for the department
- Work alongside other Engineers to combine a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm with a sound understanding of electrical and mechanical issues
- Be responsible for spare part auditing and ordering as appropriate to ensure equipment downtime is kept to absolute minimum#
- Work with the Operations teams to ensure optimum flow of goods through the warehouse
- Previous experience of working in a Maintenance Engineering role with experience of PPM, fault-finding and diagnosis of faults on pneumatics and hydraulics ideally within a warehouse, FMCG or similar environment
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship and ONC (or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Understanding of ASI and Profibus systems
- PLC Experience
- Able to work at heights of up to 20m with appropriate training
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of utilising Mechanical & Electrical technical manuals and drawings
- PC Literate
- Resilient and work well under pressure?
- Able to work as part of a team?
- Great at multi-tasking effectively and thrive on challenge?
- A natural problem solver and organiser?
- Flexible with a ‘can do’ approach and able to adapt to a changing environment?
- A strong communicator, capable of building strong relationships across the business?
If so, then apply today!
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!