Principal MEP Planner
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing, and construction at its core.
The Principal Planner will be required for technically complex and logistically challenging large city centre project, working as part of the project planning team. The Principal Planner will also form part of the project team leading the MEP planning - mapping out the detail sequencing and commissioning for this highly complex project.
- Understanding, producing, and monitoring a construction programme
- Present a record of events on contract
- Provide leadership for the planning and coordination processes
- Ensure that all programmes are compliant with the Project requirements
- Provide input to ensure that the most economical / advantageous construction strategy is adopted through collaboration
- Analyse performance and advise the project team of likely impact and recommend possible improvements
- Ensure that the construction delivery strategy along with any recommended improvements are communicated
- Develop and feedback process improvement
- Producing concise meaningful and constructive reports
- Identify risks and possible delays and action
- Implement and maintain the requirements of the Project Business Plan
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Competency in planning software is a must
- Ability to utilize the model to assist in communicating the plan is highly desired
Why Laing O'Rourke?
Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain, and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
Exposure to the largest, most complex, and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development, and long-term career progression.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic, and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email