Community Outreach Officer
Community Outreach Officer
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed Community Outreach Officers to join the Outreach Teams. If you feel you can bring a fresh approach, some new ideas and a commitment to supporting vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals then we want to hear from you.
Role: Community Outreach Officers
Location: Various locations, North and East London
Salary: £21,497 per annum
Contract: Fixed Full Time, 38 hours per week
Closing date: 23:59pm on 5th October 2021
Interviews: 14th and 15th October 2021
About the role:
The Outreach team provide practical and emotional support to individuals with who either live on their own across a number of boroughs in North and East London.
The ASD Outreach do the same as above but for individuals with Autism.
As a Community Outreach officer your duties will include:
- Provide support to individuals in line with agreed support plans
- Coordinating packages of care and support for individuals and supporting individuals with reviews of support and any needs for long term care or support.
- Demonstrate good IT skills, and be able to record information clearly and professionally
- Good verbal communication skills; be able to liaise professionally with a range of external stakeholders, care managers, health professionals, other services and providers of support, and family members of customers.
- Delivering a service that promotes and supports choice, empowers individuals, helps people take control of their own support and care, and increases their independence and self-determination.
- Putting the person supported at the heart of your work, promoting each individual’s needs for independence, well-being and dignity
- Flexible approach to working shift patterns, which will include evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
You will be working for a forward thinking organisation, committed to providing the best support possible to vulnerable people therefore you will be provided with comprehensive training and will be supported every step of the way to develop your career with us.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed Community Outreach Officer to join the team. If you feel you can bring a fresh approach, some new ideas and a commitment to supporting vulnerable people to have genuine control over their lives, play an active role in the community and develop as individuals then we want to hear from you.
As well as knowing what you do makes a difference to people’s lives every day, you will also receive a great benefits package:
- Flexible working hours that will give you the work life balance that is right for you
- Up to 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time)
- Computing Scheme
- Credit Union Scheme
- Cycle-to-Work Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit
- Health Assured – Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flu Jab Reimbursement
- Long Service Awards
- Pension Scheme
- Purchase Additional Annual Leave
- Refer-a-Friend Scheme
- Loans (including season tickets and parking permit loans)
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. If the post you apply for involves working with or having access to adults at risk and/or their records, we will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Services for successful candidates. This will be fully subsidised.
We very much welcome previous experience working as: Community Support Worker, Outreach Worker, Support Worker, Community Officer, Outreach and Engagement Officer, Community Outreach Worker, Education and Engagement Outreach, Community Outreach Coordinator, Service Manager, Service Coordinator, Community Outreach Service, Community Outreach Officer, Community Outreach Worker, Community Outreach Support Worker.