3 days left
- Contract Type
- 99 City Rd, London, UK Full-time
- Level: Employee - Standard
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
The Insight analyst – Global Government (G2) is key role within the G2 Operations Intelligence Team. The Insight analyst is required to; understand in detail the G2 business and associated data, ensure the day to day data and analytics needs of G2 are being properly addressed, act as the link between the G2 Business Unit and the central Insight, Analytics and Reporting team, deal with both short term and/or urgent requests as well as work closely with the central Insight, Analytics & Reporting team to develop and deliver new solutions.
- To ensure opportunities to exploit data and analytics are identified and delivered and that G2 are receiving the insight needed to make effective decisions
- To maintain, support and, evolve the G2 data and analytics platform
- To support G2 with quick turnaround analysis to address immediate business issues and queries
- To work alongside the central Insight, Analytics & Reporting team to share, standardise and leverage common data and analytics solutions in response to G2 data and analytics challenges and opportunities
- To represent G2 in the Insight, Analytics & Reporting prioritisation forum.
- Perform role of Product Owner in the Insight, Analytics & Reporting agile delivery team – representing G2 and translating G2 business needs into working solutions
- To develop personal and G2 data and analytics skills and support the Inmarsat data and analytics community
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Relevant experience working with SQL in a big data environment
- Proficient in using Tableau to deliver actionable insights
- Experience querying, transforming, and combining big data using SQL
- Experience creating efficient and compelling visualisations using live data warehouse connections
- Experience developing and delivering self-serve analytics dashboards for business end users
- A track record of incorporating the latest tools/trends into daily practices
- The ability to connect data and analytics to stakeholders requirements
- The ability to work cross functionally, prioritise, schedule and work to deadlines
- The ability to build relationships and collaborate with business stakeholders
- Big Query
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of data concepts – ETL, Data warehousing, Data-lake, Big data, databases
- Good understanding of Salesforce, Servicenow, and Jira
- Good understanding of the Lead to Cash business processes
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do